Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shilpa
Reel Rookie

Roku remote took over TV & Cable

How do I undo the Roku remote setup for my TV? I plugged in my Roku express 4K+ to replace an old one. It set up fine. It automatically took me to Roku Remote controls the (select TV Brand).

Now it interferes with the regular cable. If I switch on the cable remote  from the Roku (TV input 6) to regular Cable (TV input 2),  any button I press on the Cable remote triggers the Roku to switch to Input 6. Then I have to go back to input 2. Then if I press DVR Play, right, left, any navigation, change the channel - anything I do on the cable remote triggers the Roku to switch on. Then I switch back to cable, and whatever the remote did, went through. So it will be at the next step on cable. The cable only works normally if I unplug the Roku HDMI cable. 

The old Roku didn’t do this. 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku remote took over TV & Cable

Go into the roku settings> system> control other devices> uncheck 1-touch play box. Read the paragraph next to it. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Shilpa
Reel Rookie

Thanks! I kept trying the remote settings. This worked.

0 Kudos
DebraK

I tried this and it didn't work....I need to take away Roku's ability to control my TV as I have no access to my DVR and cable channels. Help!!

Strega
Roku Guru

That should work.  You could also turn off the HDMI-CEC in your TV.  (That way it is off on both ends – "off" on either end should be enough but since you said it didn't work…)

If that still doesn't work, I suspect you have some other issue, so please try describing it in detail.

0 Kudos
DebraK

I'll give it a try. I remember in setting up Roku last week, agreeing to let it control the TV but didn't realize the implications...

0 Kudos