Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
XclusivelyMe
Reel Rookie

Roku remote not working on new device

Jump to solution

I received a new Roku Express today and it won't go past the language screen. I have another Roku that works just fine. I have tried troubleshooting to no avail. Any suggestions? Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku remote not working on new device

Jump to solution

@XclusivelyMe 

The Roku Express comes with an IR remote. Look at the end of the remote through your cell phone camera and see if you see a light when you press a button. If not, the remote is bad.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@XclusivelyMe 

The Roku Express comes with an IR remote. Look at the end of the remote through your cell phone camera and see if you see a light when you press a button. If not, the remote is bad.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

XclusivelyMe
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@DBDukes Thank you. There is no light showing when looking thru my phone camera. I will have to return it. I ordered it thru my Roku app. I appreciate your help. Have a great day on purpose!

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

Simple thing that's easy to overlook:

Check the battery orientation in your Remote.  Some require batteries pointing in the same direction, others in opposite directions.  I don't know which applies to the Express remotes.  With batteries out you'll probably see a battery placement diagram molded into the back of the battery chamber.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
XclusivelyMe
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@makaiguy I have checked batteries sent with the remote and also new batteries that I purchased. They are in correctly. The remote doesn't show any lights at all when pressing buttons. I can't get past the language screen to use my remote on my phone. Thank you for your response. I appreciate you.

0 Kudos