Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kenwood99

Roku quit working with upgraded TV

Hello. We recently upgraded our 14 year old Samsung Smart TV to a new (2021) Samsung TV. After installing the Roku to the new TV I have a "Not connected" message in the top right hand corner and the remote will not control anything from the homepage. However the remote will control the TV's power and volume. With the new TV's features I could almost get away from having the Roku at all if it wasn't for the fact that Samsung doesn't support my Tablo app. Please help!

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Kenwood99

Re: Roku quit working with upgraded TV

I have tried to reconnect my remote by power cycling both the Roku and the remote several times with no success. I have received the Roku extension cord and installed that with no change. I have another Roku on the bedroom TV. I might try to install that one on the new TV next.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Please be specific about what model Roku you have. The model number, not just the name if you can get it.

You could try connecting the Roku to a different TV to confirm it's still working. Also, do you see the bouncing Roku logo when you first boot the Roku?

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Kenwood99

Sorry, yes I see that it boots up normally. It a Streaming Stick plus. 🤷‍♂️ I brought the Streaming Stick from the bedroom TV and it works fine on the new TV. I haven't tried this one on the bedroom TV yet.

0 Kudos
Pen309

I upgrade my Disney +, to The bundle which is 13.08 I already paid 8.71. My question is am I going to be bill twice for Disney.

0 Kudos