Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku enhanced remote + Epson Projector

Epson was in the product list for the remote control during setup of my original Roku Ultra; the Roku enhanced remote successfully turned my projector on and off, which is all I need it to do.  That particular Roku Ultra was defective so I returned it and got a new one- but during setup, I see that Epson has disappeared from the product list (?!) Does anyone know how to restore this functionality?  It is very frustrating to have this setup working fine until a week ago, only to see it suddenly disappear.  I have a new Roku Ultra (4800X, v9.4.1, build 4236-C2)  and an Epson 8350 projector.   

4 REPLIES 4
Eleypon
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku enhanced remote + Epson Projector

I am having the same issue.  I thought my roku streaming stick was defective.  Please assist

0 Kudos
mmsumulong
Binge Watcher

I just discovered this by accident.

Setup - Roku Ultra 4800R / Epson LS500 / Samsung HW-N850

Since Epson is no longer supported, select Hisense (other brand may possibly work too) and the power on/off button works. And since HDMI Link/CEC is also enabled, the volume of my soundbar is also controlled by the Roku remote. I have disabled One Touch Play in the Roku so that only the power button can turn on my projector.

Eleypon
Reel Rookie

I tried to select other tv brands but still does not work.  I opened a ticket with Roku a few days ago and still no response.

0 Kudos
Aeonjoey
Reel Rookie

Same here, but for me it was a combo of updating to the latest roku update, and swapping remotes from my ultra to my stick (I wanted to use the headphone jack) Epson isn’t in the list anymore on EITHER of the rokus, and swapping them back didn’t fix it. I spent hours trying brand after brand and nothing would work. I had to buy a replacement Epson remote for the projector because I haven’t needed it in 3 years. This sucks. 

Roku 3, Roku Stick, Roku Stick, Apple TV, TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos