Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Plshelp
Reel Rookie

Roku box won't stop scrolling

Tried unplugging, reset, on/off, factory reset, changing batteries, checking other remotes, trying other remotes, now just trying a different roku from around the house. Also tried looking for a solution on here and online and either couldn't find one or didn't help.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku box won't stop scrolling

Did you try moving the roku to a different room and trying it on a different tv? 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Plshelp
Reel Rookie

Well, we were going to try that, but thought to try a different box first. It booted up like normal and was not having the same issue. But it won't load anything. Just keeps spinning. Are all Rokus having issues?

0 Kudos
Plshelp
Reel Rookie

Ok, so now the other box is finally working fine, I decided to try the first one and it is working again. Idk. It is so weird. Well, thanks for the advice. I'll post again if it goes crazy once more.

0 Kudos
Plshelp
Reel Rookie

Hmmm... It worked for a bit, but now just back to scrolling. So I tried a few fixes again and nothing. Went back to the other box that was working and now it is scrolling...

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

When asking for help it is ALWAYS a good idea to include your Roku model and model number.

For troubleshooting purposes, try taking the batteries out of your remote.  Does it still scroll?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos