Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku and Roku Express remote have to be close to each other in order to navigate anywhere

I spent about a week troubleshooting this issue myself. I have only had Roku Express for about 3-4 months, and it has gotten to a point where it's not recognizing my remote. The very first thing I did was switch out the batteries. I was able to turn my TV on by hitting the home screen button... and that was it. My TV and Roku were able to power on, but I still could not navigate the menu. I reset the Roku itself. It was working for a day, but the remote and the box have to be intimately close together. I even made sure that nothing was blocking the box. The next day, my friend pointed out that it was hot to the touch. So I unplugged it completely from the TV and power strip. It remained unplugged for 2 days, and still no improvement. I am just wondering if I need to replace the hub or the conrtroller.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku and Roku Express remote have to be close to each other in order to navigate anywhere

@itsmedanielle

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify which Roku Express model you are using?

For more information about remote troubleshooting, visit our Support page here: Fix your remote

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos