Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CLW40

Roku Voice Remote Pro will charge but loses charge within 10-20 mins

I have a new Roku Ultra Pro 4 K streaming with voice remote and the remote seems to charge but loses the charge in 20 to 30 mins. I have other battery powered Roku remotes and they don’t have this problem. I have tried several adapters with the enclosed USB. There seems to be numerous complaints about this remote, I think these remotes are defective and should be recalled. This is a brand new Roku. The SN is X01000M9MNXW

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Voice Remote Pro will charge but loses charge within 10-20 mins

My Roku Express+ 3910 (w/ analog outputs) originally came with the standard IR-based Simple Remote when I bought it back in February 2020 from Walmart online.  Then two weeks ago, I bought an official Roku manufactured regular Voice Remote (RC-AL7) to replace the original remote with, because I wanted voice functionality on my Roku.  My RC-AL7 remote works great with my Roku device.  It seems like your remote could have defective batteries on it.  Perhaps @Tivoburkee, who is knowledgeable with remotes of any kind, can help you in this situation.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @CLW40

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
bp55
Reel Rookie

I have the same Remote Control and I have to charge it at least 2x per week (Mine seem to last about 2 hours). This remote needs a better battery. I am tempted to keep it continuously charging, but that can't be right. Otherwise, I really like it.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @bp55,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

If this issue is not resolved with Roku remote that holding a charge, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device as well as the model of your Roku remote.

Once we have this information, I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bp55
Reel Rookie

My Remote markings are:

Model: RC-MC1

SKU: 3226000891

FCC ID: TC2-R1039

On the packaging/box: 2961000458 (below bar code).

I am using it with a Roku Ultra 2020

SN: S02A208G1WKA

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @bp55,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos