Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcinek
Channel Surfer

Roku Voice Remote Pro Question

Hello. 2 questions about the Roku Voice Remote Pro....

1) I dont need any more equipment to use the private listening function (other than headphones), do I? I dont need a soundbar or anything like that right? Just pair it up with a compatible device and start listening, correct?

2) Probably been asked a million times...any word on when they will be available again?

Thanks in advance!

John

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Voice Remote Pro Question

1. You can plug in any 3.5mm headphones to it. There is a port on the side. You don’t pair any headphones to the remote. If you want private listening you can simply download the Roku remote control app for your phone. Then you can use any Bluetooth earbuds or headphones that are connected to your phone

2. Roku Voice Remote Pro | Rechargeable voice remote with TV controls, lost remote finder, private listening, hands-free voice controls & personal shortcut buttons for Roku players Roku TV, & Roku audio https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0916RDGMD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_J0XSK7KR7T8GD9K1RFYY?_encoding=UTF8&ps...

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I don't think anyone can answer the second question, but the answer to the first is that you just need the remote and a pair of ear buds or a headset with a standard 3.5mm plug.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

The Roku Voice Remote Pro is out of stock on the Roku website but it is available other places. I’ve even seen it on walmart.com And on Amazon from the link I provided

marcinek
Channel Surfer

Thanks @TrooperDada326 !

Unfortunately, the Amazon sellers are "scalping" the remote...the 2 sellers selling it are doing so for $68 and $70 us respectively!

0 Kudos
marcinek
Channel Surfer

Thanks @TrooperDada326 !

I do see the Roku site shows "Find in Store" giving a list of stores where it is not in stock.

Just have to be patient I guess!

0 Kudos
marcinek
Channel Surfer

thank you @renojim !

I guess there are still "supply chain issues" with lots of products. Oh well. 

Would love a couple of those remotes...have been using an old Amazon Fire tablet for private listening, but the official Roku app is not available for my new Fire Tablet....old Fire tablet still works though.

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

@marcinek  I provided you a link to the remote on Amazon. You can also find it at walmart.com. I am giving you two links to purchase the remote. I bought both of my Voice Remote Pros off Amazon. $60 ea. Yes it’s more expensive but I have it. If you want it that bad then buy it

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Roku-Voice-Remote-Pro-Rechargeable-voice-remote-TV-controls-lost-finder-p...

Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

@marcinek 

Until a yesterday you could have gotten the Roku Streaming Stick 4k+ for $49.99 at Amazon & Walmart, which do come with Voice pro remotes. Its back to its regular price of $69.99. Buy the 3821 4K+, keep the remote, sell off the rest to recoup your price. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
marcinek
Channel Surfer

Thanks again @TrooperDada326 .... not seeing a Walmart where it is available.

0 Kudos