Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jkc054
Channel Surfer

Roku Voice Remote Pro - I DO NOT WANT RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES

The only Roku remote with private listening is the Roku Voice Remote Pro which has rechargeable batteries. I DO NOT WANT RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES! Can I remove the rechargeable battery and replace it with alkaline AA batteries? If I can't rechargeable batteries are a solution for a nonexistent problem. I don't know how many times a device I use dies at a critical time because the rechargeable battery is dead. If I cannot use regular batteries it leads me to conclude that Roku doesn't give a f*** about its customers.

3 REPLIES 3
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Voice Remote Pro - I DO NOT WANT RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES

That just changed recently, they had the Roku Enhanced voice remote for $29.99, which needed two AA batteries and they also had the Gaming remote but I guess they decided to stop selling them. You could try ebay look for RC-AL9 or RC-EL3 remotes. 

You can't remote the rechargeable batteries from the voice pro, there isn't even a battery door. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
MilesT
Roku Guru

I definitely have a use for the rechargeable remote but can't (yet?) buy one at an affordable price in the UK. Shipping from US doubles the cost, and I am not paying thick end of £50 on a remote (if I wanted the voice and audio features I could buy a second hand android mobile phone for that money and dedicate to being a remote without a sim card, just WiFi).

My situation: to stop the remotes being lost in the living room by the small people in my house, I have taken a small rounded corner baking tray and wired the remotes to it using garden wire (and duct tape on the back to hold the twisted wire down.

Only problem is Roku wireless remote is used heavily by the small people and needs new batteries about every 8 weeks-so I have to unwire it to replace then rewire it.

Rechargeable? Just plug in every other Sunday night at bedtime. Job done! No need to unwire it.

If you could figure out a cheap way to post it I would buy it from you.

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos
dmj742344
Reel Rookie

Completely agree. BOSE did the same thing with their headphones. The advertised battery charge time is going to vary by use case. Especially if you use private listening. You'll sit down to watch a movie and the remote will be dead. I would like both options, even if I have to buy the other remote separately. Battery cost isn't a concern for me because I use high-quality rechargeable batteries. The difference is if the juice runs out at the wrong time, I can quickly swap them out with a fresh pair.

0 Kudos