Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TL7
Channel Surfer

Re: Random lost remote signal

@RokuDanny-R  Add me to the list as well. Roku Ultra (4800 series) , has been happening since it was installed in early Dec. 

Last night it happened at 3 am.  First of all, that beep sounds like a smoke detector.  And our Golden Retriever dog is triggered because to him it sounds like the beep from a shock collar for underground fence, and he goes berserk.  At 3 am.  While I am at first panicked because I think there's a fire, then stumbling, fumbling to get to the remote and hit a key, stubbing my toe in the process, crying with the pain, my dog whining and barking at me, my husband trying to sleep because he has to get up at 4:30 am for work, and both of us cursing Roku the whole time.  Not fun. 

Please, please fix this quickly. We absolutely don't need "Find my Remote" function and we don't want our TV turning on anytime it wants.  I will try to gather the info and send.

Tags (1)
Kparadine
Channel Surfer

SN S02C20AV8LEP

Model 4800X

I have no clue what the device ID is.  I took a pic of the bottom of the thing.  I've run out of time to invest in this.

This thing just keeps on setting off the lost remote beeping no matter what room I put it in.  Happens randomly, but most frequently late at night where it's as grating as it possibly can be.

It may not make it back to the retailer.  May end up in the trash after being busted up with a sledgehammer.  This is awful.  I had my wisdom teeth out yesterday and I have this goddamned thing dragging me out of bed when i'm all vicodin'd up.IMG_2849.jpg

TL7
Channel Surfer

I have resorted to taking the batteries out of the remote every night when I go to bed.  I also put 4 layers of electrical tape over the holes on the back and changed the sound setting to sonar,, which at least doesn't freak out my dog.  I shouldn't have to do this.

Roku, where are you on this?

Kingfroggy
Reel Rookie

Keeping the remote away from other electronic equipment seems to help. 
I keep my remotes on top of my printer (printer is WiFi, so always on). When the roku remote is with my other remotes, it randomly alerts (even while watching a movie or other program via my roku).  If I move the remote away from my printer, it rarely alerts. 
I bought a remote outlet shutoff and plugged my roku into the shutoff. The shutoff wasn’t that expensive and allows me to conveniently shutoff my roku when not in use. So now I have another remote to deal with. I will not be upgrading my other two (2) roku devices for my other TVs  

** The company should make that function only work from a button on the base or allow me to disable the alert function. **

I’m turning off alerts for this at this is just a waste of my time. 

Blaze3

my remote keeps making the finder sound all hours of the night and day why

my remote keeps making the finder sound all hours of the night and day why

MrPastrami
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Ultra suddenly turns on and Remote Finder starts beeping

This issue just happened twice when the remote was sitting next to me.  The remote was sitting still, no movement or contact with anything but the couch, and it suddenly began chiming.  The TV turned on, and the screen said that the remote finder had been activated.  I have found my TV turned on on its own several times in the past few days, and I believe that this was the cause while I was away (since my roommate just told me he has heard the remote chiming before).

Also, since submitting this post, I have taken the batteries out of my remote and the Roku still turns on the TV to chime the remote periodically.  I have since unplugged my Roku...

My brand new Roku Ultra has an Ethernet connection, and it is sitting on its own next to the TV (so there is no chance that the button is being accidentally pressed).

Here is all the information I can provide:

Model: 4800X - Roku Ultra

Serial number: X0100015GPG4 (S02A20C5GPG4)

Software version: 9.4.1 * build 4222-C2

Issue ID G4-061-402

Bradw011
Reel Rookie

I’m having this same issue. Roku ultra, wired network, sends “find remote” signal all on its own. On my end, it seems to happen around 10 am EST every day, and it will do it 3-5 times before it eventually stops.  Today, though, it did the 10 am annoyance, and then in the middle of watching a movie, it does it again.  I’d press a button on the remote, only for it to do it again a few seconds later, and the countdown timer continued to stay on the screen. 

did you ever figure your issue out?

norton1
Reel Rookie

Same issue.  New Roku Ultra 4800R purchased in December 2020. 

Downloaded new Roku updates/rebooted today - this I believe is the 3rd system update since I've had this unit. 

Random remote finder/chiming issue while playing content remains, though I haven't experienced the random 'turn on' yet. 

Roku - need a fix for this and/or the ability to disable the remote finder in Settings. 

Roku Ultra (4800 series) 

Kparadine
Channel Surfer

Nope, issue never corrected, no response after the first public one.  

Kparadine
Channel Surfer

do you have any home automation equipment?  Zwave, Zigbee, that kind of thing?

It occurred to me that that kind of rf interference could have something to do with this issue.

0 Kudos