Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimmyjames8
Channel Surfer

Roku Ultra remote turns my tv off as soon as it turns it on

Jump to solution

Ultra remote will turn on my Sony KD65X750H (one year old) but as soon as it does, it turns it right back off.  TV remote works fine as do two old Home Theater Master MX-500 learning remotes that I learn/programmed.  Please advise a fix.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Ultra remote turns my tv off as soon as it turns it on

Jump to solution

@jimmyjames8 

Are you using the power button on the Roku remote to turn the TV on? Or does your TV automatically turn on when you hit the HOME button on the Roku remote? My Sony TV does, for instance.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@jimmyjames8 

Are you using the power button on the Roku remote to turn the TV on? Or does your TV automatically turn on when you hit the HOME button on the Roku remote? My Sony TV does, for instance.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

jimmyjames8
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Well I'll be darned.  I was using the red and black button at the top but the HOME button did turn on my set but did not initialize the roku box to go to HOME screen until I pushed the OK button.  That will work for me.  Many Thanks!!!

0 Kudos