Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrianUK

Re: IR Stops working Intermittently.

Jump to solution

I have a roku I cant even use because I had to "borrow" the remote control from it just so I can control the volume of the television. I shouldn't have to go buy another remote. I hope this gets corrected promptly.

0 Kudos
blah2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My battery is at 67% and has reverted back to normal operation. I'll let you know, if the issue comes back.

0 Kudos
fireland
Channel Surfer

Roku Ultra Remote and TV Connection Inconsistent Connection

Jump to solution

Cut Cable and purchased 4 new Roku Ultras.   Works great except remote does not stay connected with any of the four Samsung TVs I have.  3 are IR and 1 is CEC and all have the same problem.   Pairs and starts to work and then can literally stop working while turning up the volume or works to turn on the TV but not to turn it off.   I have re-paired them all multiple times, but no fix so far.   I am about to throw the remotes away - any recommendations other that the same recommendation to blame everything other than the remote itself.

0 Kudos
Lazyspacetruck
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine is definitely not fixed. I have all current updates for Roku ultra and voice remote pro. I'm sending this box back tomorrow.

0 Kudos
Lazyspacetruck
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Voice remote pro

Model: RC795

Firmware: rtn4186

Roku ultra

Model: 4802x-Roku Ultra

software version: 11.5.0

Build: 4312-C2

Voice remote pro stops blasting IR intermittently. This is most likely software issue.

0 Kudos
pholagoo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I also think this is a software problem.  Hoping they can sort the issue out soon.  It seems to have gotten worse over time (for me, at least).  Support chat has been no help at all, but I suppose they can't do much other than try to run you through basic troubleshooting tips considering they're just customer service reps and not actual programmers.  But it would be nice if they'd at least acknowledge they're aware of the issue and are working to resolve it.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Lazyspacetruck,

We would be more than happy to look into this issue for you but will need more detailed information. Can you please provide us with the following information:

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-TV brand and model
-When did you start seeing this issue occur
-Were you previously able to control your TV volume and power
-What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue
Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
SMonty
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This is  nonsense!!  If you look at the previous responses, you will see that the same response by Roku has been pasted into this post and that the requested information has been provided over the last two months or more!!!!!

Roku apparently doesn’t have any method to address any issue other than setup troubleshooting. I will NEVER buy another Roku device unless this gets acknowledged AND acted upon!  I have now started to advise others of the lack of any real technical support from Roku!!!

Lazyspacetruck
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm not doing any work for you. I've seen you or your colleagues post the exact same questions to other members with no follow up after they have provided the information you have requested. There is a function which allows the Roku to tell the remote to stop blasting infrared. It has nothing to do with what kind of television I have. It more than likely has something to do with power saving related programing. Or possibly programing related to screen saver........stuff like that. There are actually 2 issues I see:

Both issues seem to occur after long periods of pause or inactivity. Or after screen saver.

First issue is: IR stops blasting signal totally. Likely related to the above.

Second issue: IR blast works and controls the volume levels but no sound is heard. The HDMI interface not delivering audio from Roku ultra. 

0 Kudos
BAW
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I thought maybe the problem was fixed, Almost a two whole days without the issue, but tonight, it came back. 😞

I am at the point I wish I could get a refund for the two Voice Remote Pros I bought, because they are unusable for the most part.  

I will send you my exact remotes if it will help.

0 Kudos