Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
48powerwagon
Visitor

Re: Roku Ultra: No way to power off my TV?

Jump to solution
Thank you again to the Bogman41 person who suggested to try 45 times to get the Roku remote to power off a Panasonic Plasma tv and control the volume. Worked perfectly.
0 Kudos
ronfelder
Roku Guru

Jump to solution
roku ultra has a tv power button. Also able to control tv volume if you wish.
Roku Stick +, Roku Express (3900x) ,Roku Ultra (4660RW) .FIOS Quantum modem router, Verizon FIOS 100/100, LG HDTV 42LH90, Pioneer VSX-920 Audio/Video Multi Channel Receiver
lizs
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

We had the same problem. Went to 45 and we said "no" even though the music was still playing.  It worked!

0 Kudos
fishrman
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Sooo, how do I go back into the remote to go through all the codes again in order to select the 45th one? I have a Panasonic too but mine is just a regular LED but have the same issue using a Roku Ultra. Also, someone said they used the microphone to shut it off. Haven't tried that but what would be the command?

0 Kudos
lizs
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

We could turn it off with the microphone (I think I said "turn off the tv") but we couldn't turn the TV on with the remote either.  

Go to settings, remotes & devices, pair new device.  I can't remember what else we did, but follow the directions on the screen and just start from scratch with the numbers.  Just keep clicking no until you get to 45, even when the sound actually does turn off, unmute it, then keep going until the end. Then click yes on the last one.  I think that's what we did.

lizs
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I think I mixed up yes and no! Click yes until you get to 45 even if there's no sound.  If you get to a number where there's no sound, unmute it, then keep going until you get to 45, then on 45 say no. 

0 Kudos
fishrman
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks, I am able to turn on the tv with the ROKU. Now, I just use the microphone and say, "turn off the TV" and it shuts off. Amazing.

0 Kudos
fishrman
Reel Rookie

Update, power off

Jump to solution

I just redid the settings so I went through to the 45th one of syncing the music with the remote and on the 45th one, I now can shut the tv off and on with the remote! Yaaa!

0 Kudos
RSmith

Jump to solution
I used to power on and off. I can only power on. Other than that, the remote works well...
0 Kudos
bubbles

Re: Roku enhanced remote controls TV volume but not power

Jump to solution

How did you get the Panasonic TV to turn off, i am having the same problem...

Thank you,,,,,

0 Kudos