Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhdena
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Ultra: No way to power off my TV?

Jump to solution

I too have a Panasonic Plasma, got 3 Roku Ultras last Black Friday, set them up yesterday to use YTTV.

A LG, and Pioneer plasma no problem with the remote, but the Panny only turned on and volume. I don't think I would have went to 45 without this thread.

Thanks

0 Kudos
RebaWho

Jump to solution

Thanks!  This was helpful.  Turns out my 2009 LG is number 27... now turnes on, off & has volume control

0 Kudos
Bullrun2

Jump to solution

Voice control powers it off by saying “Power Off”

0 Kudos
Redlantrn1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Can control volume with code 47. Cannot turn tv on or off with power button. Tried the code 45 trick with no luck. TV is a Panasonic plasma.

I know I can turn the tv off in app, bu sucks I need a second remote just to turn it on.

0 Kudos
Redlantrn1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My model # is TH50PX60UH. Any Roku/Panasonic experts feel free to chime in.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
deedubb

Jump to solution

Samsung tv/SONY avr. The Roku Ultra remote will turn the tv on and control volume. However, doesn't turn the tv off.  So I programmed one of the numbered buttons on the Roku remote to "tv off".  So now, I press #2 to turn the tv off.

0 Kudos
Pup

Jump to solution

Show takes you to settings to just add a new remote

0 Kudos
Rmkblades

Jump to solution

I had had the same issue with my Panasonic plasma. I finally thought to unpair/remove (via settings in roku) my existing broken roku remote and pair my new roku remote and it finally recognized the Panasonic TV. Interesting thing was that my old roku remote continued to work as well. 

0 Kudos
Tcat007
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Finally got my Roku working with Panny 65st50 & Vizio Soundbar!  Setup remote to "Vizio" when selecting tv brand. The 2nd or 3rd code turned the sound off, so remote volume controlled the SB.  I used theroku voice/mic to say "turn off TV" and it went off. Now the mic button turned it back on.  Weird, but usable.

0 Kudos