Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
decatan
Reel Rookie

Roku Streaming Stick+ wont control Power or Volume on my 32" Sharp Aquos TV

Jump to solution

Background:  I just bought a Roku Streaming Stick+ (enhanced point anywhere) and it is paired with my 32" SharpTV Aquos model LC-32LE45IU  so I can move between programs with the Roku,  but it does not work to turn on the TV Power or control the Volume.  I have followed trouble-shooting a handful of times and can't correct it.  Right now, I use the DirectTV remote channel changer to power TV off/on and control volume.  I would like to get the Power and Volume also controlled by the Roku. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Streaming Stick+ wont control Power or Volume on my 32" Sharp Aquos TV

Jump to solution

What trouble shootings steps? It just has to be programmed for your brand of tv, it doesn't just work with all brands out of the box. 

settings> remote & other devices> remote> remote in use> program tv> follow prompts

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

What trouble shootings steps? It just has to be programmed for your brand of tv, it doesn't just work with all brands out of the box. 

settings> remote & other devices> remote> remote in use> program tv> follow prompts

Edmund

decatan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi,   the trouble shooting exercise I went thru was to power down Roku connected to HDMI port on back of TV, and also remove batteries from Channel changer and start again with the Pairing process - I did this several times.  The Roku Channel Changer does control the switching and clicking onto TV programs but can't control the audio Volume or Power off/on the TV.  If there's some other way to get the Roku to better "pair" with the TV, so the Roku channel changer also controls volume and power I could not find any further instructions but would welcome any other guidance.  Thanks.  Dan C

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

Re-pairing the remote to the stick+ isn't programming the remote for your brand of tv, it is a separate from that. And I have already given the directions, if you pick not to follow them, I can't force you and i'm through. 

Edmund

decatan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just went thru your embedded instructions again, and found at the last setting,  there was a hidden option at the "is there Music Playing" question - which was not obvious, and there was a 2nd option (TV2) that I found by using the up/down cursor.  I've got to get used to the diff of driving the operation via these software options (rather than channel changer number keys).   thanks for your help it working now!!

0 Kudos
Jrose3823

Jump to solution

Good day @Tivoburkee - if a tv brand is not listed under supported tv brands in settings (my tv is a PRIMO smart tv) is there any workaround to get the Roku remote to control tv power and volume?  Thank you for any help. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos