Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spicebag

Roku Streaming Stick+ not detecting remote

So basically, our Roku streaming stick remote does not work at all and this isn't a big problem because our remote for the normal TV is able to be used as a universal control for Roku, but now all of a sudden Roku will not work with it, so I tried a factory reset of the roku stick and this did nothing so now I can't set it up again, i tried using the remote app but it doesn't seem to detect the roku at all? any help would be appreciated or a replacement roku streaming stick

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Streaming Stick+ not detecting remote

Are you using the original USB cable with bump in it? That is the long-range wireless receiver, its what the remote actually communicates with not the stick+ itself. If you're still using it, it might have gone bad?

A tv remote will not control a Roku stick+, no Roku accepts control via cec, and Roku sticks only accept wifi signals no IR. The only non-roku remote to control Roku sticks are universal remotes like harmony elite that control devices by IP, the internet.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.