Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pkumar
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Streaming Stick Remote Keeps Un-Pairing from Device

Hi Danny 

I had tried all of these prior to posting it here. Even after disconnecting the roku (multiple times), replacing battery, repairing, the problem continue to exists. Additionally out of all the functions on remote, the functions to control the TV (e.g. Power, volume ) works and the functions to control Roku device (e.g. Home, navigation, etc) does not work. Also this started recently (it was working absolutely fine for a year) 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Pkumar 

Thanks for the update.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Damaries
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku 3 Remote Keeps Un-Pairing from Device

My remote keeps on un-pairing. In less than 15 minutes, I had to pair my remote. This only happened once a year ago. 

Model RC19

Roku 3

[personal information removed]

Thank you

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku 3 Remote Keeps Un-Pairing from Device

@Damaries 

Thanks for the information.

Please be aware that the Roku 3 device is an older device and is no longer under warranty. It's possible that the remote may be on its way out.

If you need a replacement remote for your Roku device, you can purchase a Voice Remote from our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Elained25
Reel Rookie

I have had this exact issue for the past few weeks. I started having to pair my remote every day, sometimes while in the middle of watching something. Today it unpaired and I cannot get it paired again - the green light keeps flashing.  I have tried all the troubleshooting tips and the remote works fine for the volume on the TV. It is a Roku Streaming Stick+, remote model RC-AL7, purchased this past March. 

0 Kudos
Aldez

I've been having the same issue. Have had to pair the remote just about every day.  I have swapped batts several times so that can't be the issue. Please help thus is very frustrating 😔 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Elained25 @Aldez 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-summary of the issue you are experiencing
-when did you start see this issue occur?

With more information we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Damaries
Reel Rookie

Hi Danny, 

Sorry I did not see this until now. Ok, Model 4200X-Roku 3, Serial number 4124DX021325, Software version 9.3.0 . build 4194-04. I do not see a "device ID".

I have to keep restarting the system and pairing the remote. I can be watching something and on the middle of the show the remote just stops working, At times I have to pair the remote 3-4 times a day in a matter of minutes. This issue has been happening for months now. I have this Roku for almost 6 years now. 

I would appreciate any feedback on how to resolve the issue from keep on happening, thank you. 

Dee 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Damaries 

Thanks for the information.

Please be aware that the Roku 3 (4200) is an older device that is no longer under warranty. It's possible that the remote may simply be on its way out.

If you need a replacement remote for your Roku device, you can purchase a Voice Remote from our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Damaries
Reel Rookie

Hi Danny, 

Thanks again. It paired again, hopefully stays that way. I bought my Roku almost 6 years ago and never had an issue. Gow ling do they last before they are outdated? I have been planning to get a nee one but Im not sure which one. Can you guide me a bit with that? 

Thanks, 

Dee

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.