Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Streaming Stick 4K - Won't keep remote paired

The only thing I can think to suggest is really a stab in the dark ...

You might try setting your remote up as a new device.   Settings > Remotes & Devices > (+) Add Devices > Remote.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
HPDeskjet
Binge Watcher

I have the same issue with my Roku 4K Dolby Vision stick.  It's been present for over a month now.  https://community.roku.com/t5/Remotes/Roku-4K-Dolby-Vision-Stick-Battery-level-indicator-constantly-... The pairing keeps dropping out and the battery level indicator keeps popping up on-screen.  The remote will then work for a few seconds then the battery level indicator pops up in screen again and all funtionality is lost.  Setting up the remote as a new device has no influence in this problem.  Neither have any of the following:

1. Uncoupled and recoupled the remote to the 4K stick.
  2. Cleared the entire cache on the stick (Press Home button5 times, press up button once, press reverse 2 times and press fast forward twice).
  3. A full factory reset. (Tried several times).
  4. Replacing the batteries (tried several times).
  5. Checked for software updates.
  6. Removing the power from the stick, reapplying power and rebooting.
  7. Changing the remote control from IR set-up to CEC set-up.

The pairing button is also not operating as it should.  Pressing it for 5 seconds or more does not result in the green pairing light switching on.  Even after a full factory reset the pairing button will not always work, which makes it hit and miss when setting up the 4K stick after a full factory reset.

Model  3820EU 4K Dolby Vision

Software Version  12.5.5 Build 4174-CU

I've sent PM''s to several Roku moderators regarding this issue but, as yet, not one single reply.

0 Kudos
DonnaTee

I find that randomly the remote will turn on the iv and bring up my "home" screen then no longer works.  The only way I have got around this is to completely set up the system again - as it it was for the first time.  this is quite frustrating....any other ways around this other than re-setup?

thanks

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @DonnaTee,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry for any inconvenience it may have caused regarding the issue of your Roku remote. That's not what we aim for. Could you tell us more about the issue you're running into? We'd like to know more about how we can help. What Roku device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV—specify TV) Are you getting any error codes or messages? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you have taken to reproduce the issue?

With more detailed information, we'll be able to better assist you.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HPDeskjet
Binge Watcher

The remote was faulty.  A new remote has resolved the problem.

0 Kudos