Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dsatwork
Channel Surfer

Roku Streaming Stick 3600 compatibility issue with RC-AL2 voice remote

I really didn't want to post a new topic for this but, I wasn't getting a response when I replied to deferent topic where this was discussed.

Can somebody elaborate on the workaround for the 3600X not pairing with the RC-AL2? I have tried all versions of the fixes, I still have old remotes (RC80) that work and a 3800 that came with this RC-AL2 but I have the Remote with the voice, volume and mute button(RC406 according to about remote in settings)  that I have paired with the 3800. The 3600 in question has the latest firmware 10.5 Build 4208-24

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Streaming Stick 3600 compatibility issue with RC-AL2 voice remote

The 3600 was released back in 2016. So that makes it about 6 years old now. Your better off buying a new Roku. 

0 Kudos
dsatwork
Channel Surfer

Yes, I get that... but that's like throwing a car away because it doesn't have Bluetooth, when you could just  upgrade the radio with Bluetooth.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@dsatwork

According to @Tivoburkee,who is a go-to guy for remotes, the RC-AL2 remote is the remote that originally came with the model 3600 Roku Streaming Stick. [Link] It should work.

But, as the model 3600 is an older device, released in 2016, and as the current Voice Remote is a different device, that points to your having an older remote. True, it's the same model as the one that came with your Stick, but that also indicates it's not new. Might it be old? Might it have gone bad over the years?

You are correct that it should work. But only if it's not gone bad.

And, of course, assuming you've properly followed the pairing instructions. https://support.roku.com/article/360011621473

Since you have done this with other devices, I suspect you have done the steps correctly. Still, reviewing them might not be a bad idea, just in case.

If the RC-AL2 remote has gone bad, the current Voice Remote ($20) is compatible.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@dsatwork  A car is worth $10.000 or more. You can make any car Bluetooth with a $20 adapter and an FM radio. But your Roku isn’t worth anything and a new remote is with more then your Roku. Just buy a new Roku device that comes with a voice remote. A voice remote is $20. Take that $20 and put it towards a new Roku

0 Kudos
dsatwork
Channel Surfer

your right of course or I could use the remotes I have with the sticks I have that work and quit fussing over not having a mute button on the main tv....which is really all this is about.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

So, the rc-al2 remote works but you're complaining to get a new remote for free because all you want is a mute key that newer remotes than rc-al2 have? 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
dsatwork
Channel Surfer

Go back and read all of my post and tell me where I asked for anything for free...I was asking for someone that has knowledge to help me figure it out. It never even entered my mind that could happen here, I post on a lot of forums and I never had anyone jump on and say "hey sounds like we need to give you something for free now"

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@dsatwork  Sorry if you thought that @Tivoburkee was being rude. I’m sure those weren’t his intentions. But sometimes there is no answer or a trick. When you’re dealing with older devices there will always be in incompatibility issues. 

0 Kudos
dsatwork
Channel Surfer

And I'm totally cool with that.

0 Kudos