Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SDL

Roku Remote control vizio Soundbar

Jump to solution

I understand this is NOT supposed to work but….

Samsung 7 series with Vizio sound bar and Roku Stick 4K+, Roku remote controls the volume on the sound bar but not power.  TV says “Vizio Optical” when controlling volume.

Samsung 8 series with same model Vizio sound bar and Roku Stick 4K+, Roku remote DOES NOT control volume on sound bar and the TV says “Optical” when controlling volume.

I didn’t do anything special so I’m baffled as to why it works on one of them.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Remote control vizio Soundbar

Jump to solution

@SDL

Thanks for the post.

As you mentioned, Roku Streaming devices do not support control over external audio devices aside from Roku audio products.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@SDL

Thanks for the post.

As you mentioned, Roku Streaming devices do not support control over external audio devices aside from Roku audio products.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MattSRQ
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

How do we provide feedback to Roku corporate? I just got the Roku Ultra 2022. Way better than the Amazon Fire Cube I had. Kudos to Roku.

But I am in disbelief that my brand new Roku remote cannot control a soundbar. Every remote from the past 15 years can control a soundbar! My DirecTV remote, my Amazon Fire remote, any universal remote. How is it that Roku has not figured out this basic functionality?

Now I need to replace my soundbar to use Roku? I was very excited about the Ultra improvement over the Fire. But this volume control issue is a joke.

I understand the answer on this support forum. But is there a way we can actually provide feedback to Roku Support and Development team? Or do they just not care about this issue?

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @MattSRQ

Thank you for choosing Roku and for sharing your feedback with us. 

We appreciate your support and we're thrilled to hear that you're enjoying your new Roku Ultra.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the lack of soundbar control on the Roku remote. Our team is always looking for ways to improve our products and we appreciate your feedback on this matter.

We encourage you to share your thoughts and suggestions on our 'Suggest a Feature' section of the Community, where you can connect with other Roku users and share your ideas.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos