Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nigel72
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Remote changing LED lights

Jump to solution

I have led lights around my tv; when adjusting the volume on the Roku remote it triggers/changes the LED lights.  I have since learned that it may be due to the Roku remote and LED working off the same signal.  There are times when, if you point away from the tv, it still changes channels/volumes without messing with the lights....but it does not always work.

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, overlapping IR codes have been happening for at least 40 years, and the more things you have that use IR remotes, the more likely you are to bump into it.

0 Kudos
zayc01ey

Jump to solution

Mine does the same thing very very annoying 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Just set up Roku a few days ago and straight away my led lights started changing.

On my set there is a little receiver lead with a tiny sensor.

SOLVED for us by selecting our fave colour and just wrapping a small but it kitchen foil around sensor. Not stuck so can remove to change it we want. 

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Nightflyer
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi, I just got a 65” Roku smart TV as an early Christmas gift, and the first thing I noticed is the annoying flickering of my LED lights triggered by the Roku remote.

Simple solution: I wrapped a 4”length of black electrical tape around the LED light receiver. No more interference.

Please note, my LED lights are actually strung on my walls, and they stay on 24 hours a day. So, for my scenario, blocking off the LED receiver (and, thus, the ability to quickly power the lights on and off with the remote) is perfectly fine.

However, if you’re someone who likes to constantly change the color of your LED lights or must turn them on and off daily, this may not be an optimal solution.

0 Kudos
aeivy

Jump to solution

having LED lights in your room, it’ll change the color of the lights when you use your roku remote

0 Kudos
Nightflyer
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

As I mentioned in my previous post, the Roku remote won’t affect your LED lights if you loosely wrap a piece of black electrical tape around the LED light sensor.

And if you get close enough to the sensor and aim inside the loose tape, you can still control the LED lights with their own remote (if they have one). With this setup, I’ve been able to use my Roku remote constantly without it ever affecting my LEDs. This completely solved the problem.

0 Kudos