Remotes

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Remote Won't Pair After Changing Batteries

Jump to solution

Hi @htoll,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

We appreciate your patience for the time being.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
dhbshaw
Level 7

Re: Roku Remote Won't Pair After Changing Batteries

Jump to solution

I've been having trouble getting my new Roku Express 4k+ remote (RC-FA1 3226001105). After following instructions to the letter, and support instructions (remove and replace remote batteries, unplug and plug in Roku, press pairing button for 5-30 seconds...), I discovered if I went through this whole process but DID NOT press pairing button (pairing light starts flashing without pressing button), remote paired. This may be a fluke I don't know but worth a try!

0 Kudos
ML24
Level 7

Older remove will not pair with Roku

Jump to solution

I have two older Roku units and three remotes for them. I checked with Best Buy Store, and they said that there is a way to pair the remote to the TV using the buttons on the remote.

I am setting up a Tablo system and everything is working except the Roku remote which worked fine when it was used with just a TV.

Please help me as I must return the new antenna and hard drive within the next week if I cannot set up the Tablo system.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Older remove will not pair with Roku

Jump to solution

@ML24, it's not clear what you're trying to do.  Roku remotes with TV controls will only control the power, volume, and mute functions of a TV and there's no way to get it to do that without a Roku device connected to the TV to configure the remote.  Are you trying to use the Tablo channel/app on a Roku device?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Re: Older remove will not pair with Roku

Jump to solution

Prior to purchasing a replacement remote control for my Roku Streaming Stick Premiere, I did everything I could to restore the remote aside from disassembling it nothing worked to revive it: I tried to teach my Logitech Remote control and they did not pair.  I finally purchased the replacement remote and it has been working okay.  

0 Kudos