Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Loads Crackle By Itself

I now refuse to use my roku remote because every fighting time I pause it go's to crackle. I even took crackle off the home page and it still go's to crackel. I down loaded a roku remote on my phone and it works perfectly.

I think roku is trying to force us to buy a new roku box. Not ever happening.  This problem has been on going for 2 bloody years. Fix your GD platform.

4 REPLIES 4
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Loads Crackle By Itself

Hi @Kathybergant

Thanks for the post.

Does your Roku remote have a Crackle shortcut button? If yes, we would recommend making sure that the button isn't stuck. Please also reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be found from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > About.

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Does this happen as soon as you pause, or only after it has been pause so long that a screen saver comes on?

0 Kudos
Ossieswife

It happens all the time to me too when you push right a certain number of times on the remote. It's a new oem remote and that's when it started happening. I've read that others have same issue with certain remotes. Hoping I can exchange mine. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Ossieswife

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Are you using the remote that came with the Roku device, or are you using a third-party universal remote?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos