Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahmad98
Reel Rookie

Roku Express stopped working

My Roku Express stopped working when I was in the middle of watching something.  It boots up but does not respond to the non-voice remote; however, I hear noise from the Roku when I push a button on the remote.  Just to be safe, I put in new batteries, but it made no difference.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Express stopped working

Hello @ahmad98

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Could you tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV. This means your Roku player will be up and running faster than it would be connected to a TV.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos