Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SCL1
Reel Rookie

Roku Express remote stopped working - under 1 year

My Roku express stopped working - less than 1 year old. Got it at BestBuy and they said it's under Roku manufacture warranty for first year. Purchased May 2022. Not sure the source of the problem - watching a show, used remote, it worked, then stopped working. Don't know if it's the remote or Roku express streaming player. Followed all the steps to test. How can i get a replacement? Thank you.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Express remote stopped working - under 1 year

Hi @SCL1

Welcome to Roku Community! 

Sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing with your Roku remote. We'll do our best to resolve the issue. We believe you have a simple remote. To use a simple remote, you only need to insert new matching batteries and point the remote directly at the front of your streaming device when you are using it. Here are a few tips to ensure a clear path from your remote to your streaming device:

• Always be sure you can see the front of your Roku device
  • Test your remote from various positions. Try holding your remote higher (e.g., above your head) and pointing it downwards at the front of your Roku streaming device. Move the remote to the left and right, making sure it is always pointing directly at the front of your streaming device.
  • Do not hide your streaming player. Do not install it inside a closed cabinet or behind your TV.
  • Ensure that the device is properly connected to the TV and power source.
  • You can test the remote by looking at the front of the remote through a digital camera. If you see a flashing light in the camera view, then the remote is working. If there's no flashing light, the remote has failed.

You may also refer to this link: How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working

If the steps above do not resolve the issue, please let us know and we'll assist you further. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device paired to your Roku remote. Its serial number or device ID is printed on the bottom or back of the product. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
SCL1
Reel Rookie

Hello. Thank you for your quick reply.

Yes, simple remote. Tried everything suggested and more than once, doesn’t work.

SN: S0085220C83J

I have a copy of the receipt from BestBuy.

Thank you,

Suzanne

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@SCL1 

Thanks for the update. 

Our support team is now aware of your issue and will be reaching out to you shortly through email. Please be ready to receive their correspondence and continue assisting you from there. 

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work toward a resolution.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Dmaka
Reel Rookie

I feel like mine did the same.  It just quit working.   Been trying to troubleshoot it for a couple days.  The light on my device is blue, check cords, changed cords, even moved cords.. Already changed batteries.  1 year and done..  😞

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Dmaka

Thanks for your post. 

We appreciate you letting us know so we can best assist you. For clarification, you have already tried all the troubleshooting steps I provided above? If the issue is still not resolved after those steps, kindly let us know along with your Roku device serial number that is paired to your Roku remote. Then I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Keep us posted.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Dmaka
Reel Rookie

I haven't seen any response yet. 

0 Kudos
SCL1
Reel Rookie

hello!

I replied from [Roku support: ticket updated] Re:6933180 - Roku HQ. see email below. Don't want to publish my address/phone on a public forum, so please review my response on your end. Would you confirm situation? Thank you!

CS/CH-Sooraj Sedhumadhavan, Feb 6, 2023, 08:11 PST:

Hi Suzanne,

Thank you for contacting Roku customer support. I understand that you are facing issues with the Roku remote which stopped working. Upon checking, the remote seems to be faulty. The Roku warranty period is one year from the date of purchase. I will replace the Roku remote.

Please help us with the details below to process a replacement:

1. Telephone number:
2. Shipping address:

Please do not worry if you find the ticket to be auto-closed. We would like to inform it will be automatically reopened once you reply.

Thank you for choosing Roku, have a great day!

Regards,
Sooraj
Roku Customer Support

0 Kudos