Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Express back button randomly returns to home screen when pushed

Jump to solution

Hey @nogoodplans

Thanks for providing us your information. 

I have forwarded them to the appropriate Roku team to investigate the issue further. We sincerely apologize to everyone for the inconvenience this has caused. We'll make sure to post an update in this thread once we got feedback from our team. 

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
NYJack
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I have the same problem with my Roku TV (TCL model 55S535; Roku TV A119X). There is no obvious pattern when this happens but it only happens when using Hulu.

0 Kudos
HokaHey
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku device model: 3900RW - Roku Express

serial number: YG007V414882

device ID: C43797414882

software OS/version: 10.0.0 build 4209-51

Uptime: 14 days 19 hours 58 minutes

System Update: Last Checked 9/14 at 8:21 pm

Issue: When watching shows in Hulu and the show is over I click the back button to exit that show and go to the show list. When I click the back button it returns me to the Roku home page. It started doing this awhile ago, I’m just finally frustrated enough to look for a solution. I see lots of posts about this, but no solutions.

This issue then forces me to either log back into Hulu (which is a pain because it doesn’t just remember the last profile that watched, I have to choose my profile every time) or just let it autoplay (which is fine if it chooses something I want to watch next, most of the time it does not).

does this issue occur on a specific channel? Hulu version 6.49 build 3

to repeat the issue: access Hulu, use the app for 2+ minutes (search for shows, stream, sit idle), press the back button to navigate to the previous screen but instead I am directed to the home screen of Roku.

I have logged out of Hulu and removed/added Hulu to the Roku home page without any change.

I've done a system restart (power off/on) and still have the same issue.

I’ve done a factory reset and reloaded all of my apps, still the same issue.

VTRenegade
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@NYJack wrote:

I have the same problem with my Roku TV (TCL model 55S535; Roku TV A119X). There is no obvious pattern when this happens but it only happens when using Hulu.

Give it time it happens on all apps with Roku Ultra so it’s not a Hulu issue. I have made the switch to Apple TV and the problem has been solved.  

NYJack
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@VTRenegade wrote:

@NYJack wrote:

Give it time it happens on all apps with Roku Ultra so it’s not a Hulu issue. I have made the switch to Apple TV and the problem has been solved.  

I've been using this TV for many months and this only started happening when I began using Hulu. Unlike an Apple TV this is an actual TV with screen, sound, etc. Changing to some other device will be wasteful as I purposefully bought this TV because it has Roku as its primary way of accessing TV, etc. I have other Roku units (all Roku Express +) on other TVs with no problem. I also have a Roku Streambar that does occasionally have the same problem but nowhere near as often as the TV.

0 Kudos
VTRenegade
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@NYJack wrote:

@VTRenegade wrote:

@NYJack wrote:

I've been using this TV for many months and this only started happening when I began using Hulu. Unlike an Apple TV this is an actual TV with screen, sound, etc. Changing to some other device will be wasteful as I purposefully bought this TV because it has Roku as its primary way of accessing TV, etc. I have other Roku units (all Roku Express +) on other TVs with no problem. I also have a Roku Streambar that does occasionally have the same problem but nowhere near as often as the TV.

I have a Roku ultra and a Roku TV. It does it on both.  Unlike Roku employees I’m tech savvy on all devices.  This isn’t a Hulu issue.  It’s a Roku issue and does it on all apps. 

NYJack
Streaming Star

Re: Roku 4630X Hulu Exits After Viewing Show

Jump to solution

Sorry about what may seem to be a duplicate post/reply. My previous posts about this problem didn't have all the required diagnostic information. I hope this one does.

I'm having the same problem with my TCL Roku TV. Here is all the information from my Roku TV:

This is a Roku TV - TCL Model 55S535
Roku Model: A119X - Roku TV 
Serial Number X00300N7C4JC
Device ID: S05NY067C4JC
Software Version 10.0.0 build 4209-88
This happens only on Hulu 
Timestamp: 2021-09-16T03:58:21Z
Tracker/Issue ID: JC-371-758

This happens when I’ve been watching a show on Hulu (Hulu + Live No Ads) and press the back button my remote intending to just go back one step. Instead it goes back to the Roku home screen. This does not happen every time which makes it that much more frustrating.

The Hulu app I’m using is Version 6.50 build 0

I’ve tried deleting and re-installed the Hulu app (restarting the TV after deleting the app before reinstalling).

0 Kudos
BackButtonFun
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Was this with a Wi-Fi voice search remote or the kind that uses infrared?

0 Kudos
VTRenegade
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@BackButtonFun wrote:

Was this with a Wi-Fi voice search remote or the kind that uses infrared?

Mine is a voice remote. 

0 Kudos
BackButtonFun
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My problem was with the same type of remote as yours. I brought the remote to my other Roku which didn't have any issues with its infrared remote and the problem followed it there as well.  Then a week later the remote started losing synchronization repeatedly so it's a bad remote. I'm hoping a new remote won't have the back button problem.