Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GammaFry

Re: Roku Express back button randomly returns to home screen when pushed

Jump to solution

I have the exact problem that started in April/May, 2021. I have a TCL 55P607 Roku TV. This happens in all apps but much more frequent in Hulu. I also hear the TV make multiple audible sounds (the sound it makes when you push the back button) after one push of the button, almost like it registered 2 or 3 pushes of the back button even though I only pressed it once. Tried changing remotes and I still have the problem. 

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@badtothebohn @GammaFry

Thanks for the information.

We have notified the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once feedback is available, we'll let the Community know immediately.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
caddrawer

Re: Roku 4630X Hulu Exits After Viewing Show

Jump to solution

I have the same problem.  It happens on Hulu and has been for about 2-3 months.  I have noticed that generally if I stop a program, I can go back one level in Hulu.  But if I get to the end of a show and hit the back button it almost always goes to the home screen.

Roku Streaming +

Version#: 6.44.1

Model: 3810X

Device ID: c7cd479-1ccf-56de-ac29-f1b852f333e3

Issue Tracker is 84-259-158

Serial #: YH002X920884

Software Version:10.0.0 Build 4195-50

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@caddrawer

Thanks for the post and providing us with your information.

I have passed it along for further investigation.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Delite
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Same issue. Hulu back button randomly exits app to home screen. HBOMax also has issues with the down button, which as you scroll down, there is a more consistent exit to the home screen (literally preventing going to the down screen material).  

4800X Roku ultra

X01000KWTR71

Version 10.0.0 build 4802-C2

HDMI inputs switched through a Denon AVR X3200W

To a Sony Bravia X900F.

0 Kudos
BillyBurts

Jump to solution

Having same  problem.  Sounds  as if i double clicked. Also happens after looking at movie description. Helps to key arrow up from 'watch movie ' to 'watch trailer ' or 'add to stuff 'before keying back button. Been doing this for months. 

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Delite

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Could you please provide us these additional information for further investigation:
-Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
deb_ack
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I've been having the same problem for several months.  Hitting the back button in Hulu, usually at the end of a show, takes me to the Roku main menu, instead of up one level in Hulu.  It's very frustrating, and I hope this bug will be fixed soon.

Model: 3810X Roku Streaming Stick+

Version: 10.0.0, build 4209-50

Device ID: C13932684945

Timestamp: 2021-07-10T00:19:47Z

ID: 45-273-619

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @deb_ack

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate the issue further. When an update is available, we'll let the Community know.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
deb_ack
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I just applied an update to Hulu, and so far, the back button is taking me up one level and not to the Roku main menu.  If this has been fixed, thank you!

0 Kudos