Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SonOfSocrates
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Express back button randomly returns to home screen when pushed

Jump to solution

Well just got back from returning the new "55 TCL Roku that I got to give for a Christmas present. Good thing I left it in the box. Now looking for a Black Friday deal. Any thoughts on Google or Amazon models? 

ksgemini
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Agreed. What works for someone may not work for everyone. After hours with apple help no one has been able to figure out why I can’t get ripped cd’s in music app to phone after Catalina 8 months later it works fine for some…most. Nothing for me. Tech is frustrating by nature. Hope everyone can find a solution….  If Roku could invest in a help line with techs it’d be great

VTRenegade
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@SonOfSocrates wrote:

Well just got back from returning the new "55 TCL Roku that I got to give for a Christmas present. Good thing I left it in the box. Now looking for a Black Friday deal. Any thoughts on Google or Amazon models? 

I bought a Gen 5 Apple TV box and it works awesome with all my other apps.  Got a great deal on eBay on it as well.  

I can’t speak on Google, or Amazon stuff as I have never bought any but, Apple subscription is very reasonable 4.99 a month or 50.00 a year.

0 Kudos
thebrister
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I trust your input - so tell me, if I purchased an appletv streaming box or firestick, would any of those work on a Roku tv, thus bypassing using the apps through roku tv? (Until roku tv starts actually updating/working properly? Without purchasing a new tv) 

deb_ack
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Well, if you solved the problem months ago by buying an Apple TV, why are you still here?  It looks like you're the troll.  I'm here to help those with Roku streaming sticks know that the problem with the streaming sticks has been fixed and that they need to upgrade both Hulu and Roku. 

You're still here to brag about buying an Apple TV and promote #NeverRoku.  Really, we don't care!  So, my advice to you is to move on.  Go troll on the Apple TV forum.

You said:  "My pro omen was solved a few months ago."  Glad to hear that you solved your "pro omen"!

0 Kudos
deb_ack
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

To: TheBrister

One of my TVs is a TCL Roku TV (not being used), but it has a Roku 3800 streaming stick connected to an HDMI input, which works fine.  So, I'm sure another brand of streaming stick would work fine on your Roku TV.  Just set the input to the HDMI input you're using.

0 Kudos
VTRenegade
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I honestly am not sure.  That is a method I have not tried.  I have one Roku TV and a Roku Ultra and after doing a bunch ch of research I discovered there was not going to be much help from Roku.  My best advice is to google your question in the same way you phrased it to me.  You may find some good results that way to help give you a better answer. 

thebrister
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I want the appletv guys help not debs - I don’t have a roku streaming stick nor do I ever plan on purchasing another roku product so I’d prefer advice from the other guy; I just want this **bleep** roku tv to work, without having to further give roku a dime of my money from here on out. So please, kindly go find another thread to help people with their sticks and flash drives, Deb. 

0 Kudos
deb_ack
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Well, I answered your question correctly.  The HDMI input connection on your Roku TV will work with whatever you plug into it.  It doesn't have to be a Roku streaming stick. I know this from experience with a TCL Roku TV that I own.

The Apple guy wants everyone to think I'm a troll, but I'm actually much more experienced than he thinks I am.  I just don't brag about all the stuff I have or all the experience I've had with self-employment, networks, electronics, computers, and TVs in the last 45 years.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We believe this issue has been resolved with the latest OS 10.5 update.

Please be aware that Roku OS 10.5 has begun rolling out to select Roku players and is expected to roll out to all supported streaming devices, including the all-new Roku Streaming Stick 4K, Roku Streaming Stick 4K+, and all Roku TV models in the coming weeks.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator