Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NYJack
Streaming Star

Re: Roku Express back button randomly returns to home screen when pushed

Jump to solution

Here's the information from the last time I got a tracker ID:

This is a Roku TV - TCL Model 55S535
Roku Model: A119X - Roku TV 
Serial Number X00300N7C4JC
Device ID: S05NY067C4JC
Software Version 10.0.0 build 4209-88
This happens only on Hulu 
Timestamp: 2021-09-16T03:58:21Z
Tracker/Issue ID: JC-371-758

Thanks for checking this out for me,

0 Kudos
VTRenegade
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@NYJack wrote:

Here's the information from the last time I got a tracker ID:

This is a Roku TV - TCL Model 55S535
Roku Model: A119X - Roku TV 
Serial Number X00300N7C4JC
Device ID: S05NY067C4JC
Software Version 10.0.0 build 4209-88
This happens only on Hulu 
Timestamp: 2021-09-16T03:58:21Z
Tracker/Issue ID: JC-371-758

Thanks for checking this out for me,

You are not likely to ever get an actual solution to the issues you are having.  Since last May it’s on going and they have done nothing to date.

VTRenegade
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@NYJack

Thanks for the post.

If you have not already, please provide us the following information for further investigation:

-Roku device model
-Serial number
-Device ID
-Software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings System About)
-Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Dear Danny. You have asked for this information and been provided it a 100 times over in this thread by many people since last May.  

Please tell me when exactly will your absolutely useless team that you forward this information too actually get off their lazy butts, and provide a real solution?  

I know I won’t get an answer to my question because you live to listen Template responses to everyone else.  So much so that I’m starting to think you are nothing more than a bot and not even a real human!

NYJack
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Well, I’ve not been reading this since last May & only started experiencing this problem just over a month ago when I subscribed to Hulu + Live. So I’d like to see what happens. 

0 Kudos
VTRenegade
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@NYJack wrote:

Well, I’ve not been reading this since last May & only started experiencing this problem just over a month ago when I subscribed to Hulu + Live. So I’d like to see what happens. 

I’m saying it’s been a reported issue since last May and they have not solved the issue for anyone.  Lots of people have wasted their time doing just what you did and I have read through the forum regarding this issue.  I solved the problem by purchasing an Apple TV box because this isn’t a Hulu issue it happens on all apps in Roku’s player.  I have discovery plus, Hulu, Netflix, Peacock and Spectrum all of them I’m a paid subscriber and all of them have this issue which only started a month or so ago for me after being a roku user for years.  We have a roku tv, a roku ultra and a roku stick and it happens on all of them on all apps.  So it’s a roku account issue to do with their specific hardware and software.  Since it has been ongoing since last May for others and Roku’s only response over and over is to say please give us the information and we will forward it to our investigation team.  What never happens is them coming back with a solution. You can wait and see what happens if that’s what makes you happy but I’m here to tell you that you will be holding your hand on your **bleep** for a long time because no solution. will be coming anytime soon. Roku doesn’t even offer customer service by phone.  Now why do you think that is???   Perhaps because customers do not matter to them. Perhaps because they don’t feel it’s important. But since for over 6 months people have been complaining of this issue I would say it’s proof enough you aren’t going to get the response you think you are.  Good luck.  

deb_ack
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

It might have started for you in May, but it started for me in Feb or early March...back when there was a Roku bug when watching Live TV on Hulu (you couldn't start watching at the beginning, and they finally fixed that bug).  Also, the "back button" problem only happens to me when in Hulu.  I don't have the "back button" problem when using other apps.  It happens in Hulu when watching Live TV and DVR'd programs...and possibly when watching movies and TV shows, except I haven't watched any of those recently, so I don't recall.  It happens every time when watching a program from my DVR option under My Stuff.  

Another thing is that Hulu does not update the show listings until you go back to the Roku menu and log back in to Hulu.  It used to update without having to re-login. This is so frustrating!  

0 Kudos
krispyonion
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Oy, @RokuDanny-R!

Aside from this issue, lately my box sometimes just stalls entirely - doesn't freeze per se, just doesn't respond to the remote/user activity for a few moments. So I figured maybe I've got some kind of memory issue or something similar, and did a factory reset hoping a clean sweep would help.

Alas, it did not, but the only video app that didn't require me to log back in was Hulu, which is (coincidentally?) also the only video app giving me this back-arrow issue.

I don't know if it's related/relevant, but I figured odd behaviors should be mentioned, in case they might be helpful to the Roku team or resident gremlins trying to track down the dodgy code.

0 Kudos
magomes24
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Similar issues were happening with me but only on my Hulu channel. I removed the channel, checked for any updates for the system, restarted, added Hulu channel again and that seems to have fixed the problem (for now 🤞🏾)

0 Kudos
fbs77777
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Happening to me, Roku Ultra about three years old. My "smart" samsung tv likes to fight with the roku, and sometimes alexa joins in to change the volume on the tv instead of her own volume. 

I swear this stuff is all about propriety, manufacturers each vying for control of the devices. Will keep reading this because it's a pain to get bumped out of hulu. 

0 Kudos
fbs77777
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

To Roku:  this is not about a particular model of roku, nor is it about the remotes. There are too many posts from too many users. This is a roku problem.

Is roku adverse to watching Hulu?

I am tired of companies manipulating technology to steer us this way and that. It has only happened with Hulu and I only use my roku.

Roku, this is on you