Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Express back button randomly returns to home screen when pushed

Jump to solution

Hi @Tcstrause

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Please provide us the following information for further investigation:

-Roku device model
-Serial number
-Device ID
-Software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
VTRenegade
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuKariza-D wrote:

Hi @Tcstrause

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Please provide us the following information for further investigation:

-Roku device model
-Serial number
-Device ID
-Software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

All the best,
Kariza

Please explain how many people have to do this before Roku solved the problem? You have dozens of comments providing this information you requested dating back to last May in this very thread and yet you Roku Employees do nothing but request information that you will submit to some bogus, do nothing, offer zero solutions investigations team.  I will tell you the same thing I told the other employees from Roku.   This isn’t your customers issue to resolve.  In over 6 months you all have offered not one useful solution even though many people have provided the requested information to you over and over again. It’s clearly a Roku software issue and yet you people keep asking people to repeatedly give you the same information over and over.   Let me be clear.  It happens on all devices with any app with the latest version of software released from Roku.  You offer no answers. You offer no phone number to call for a resolution and many of us have opted to replace our Roku with Amazon and Apple devices.  You are losing customers because instead of coming up with a solution you all have opted to talk like useless drones reading from a script requesting information that your programming Team hasn’t done a **bleep** thing with any of it from a customer perspective you all have turned into a an example of how not to perform customer service.   When asked by friends and business associates my advice is to steer clear of Roku products because their ability to produce customer service is zero!

Iamspartacus43
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’ve been a happy Roku customer for many years and have two streaming sticks that are performing well, except for the Hulu issue. I won’t be replacing anything just yet but am sorely disappointed in Roku’s response to this problem. When one of the sticks dies or something comes along that means I want to upgrade, I’ll go with Apple. Too bad. 

VTRenegade
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@Iamspartacus43 wrote:

I’ve been a happy Roku customer for many years and have two streaming sticks that are performing well, except for the Hulu issue. I won’t be replacing anything just yet but am sorely disappointed in Roku’s response to this problem. When one of the sticks dies or something comes along that means I want to upgrade, I’ll go with Apple. Too bad. 

It was happening on all streaming apps to me and I’m equally disappointed in Roku’s lack of desire to resolve the issue.  I have already moved on myself.   

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

As stated previously in this thread, please provide the information requested by @RokuKariza-D. Once we have that information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team for further investigation.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
VTRenegade
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

As stated previously in this thread, please provide the information requested by @RokuKariza-D. Once we have that information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team for further investigation.

Thanks,
Danny

As I previously stated STOP expecting your customers to supply information for over 6 months to solve a software problem on your systems.  You have done nothing useful for anyone who has supplied the requested information and neither has your useless investigations team.   In over 6 months of complaints on this forum you have done nothing but come back with the same generic scripted bull **bleep** response.  Not once have any of you Roku employees provided anything of use to solve the problem in over 6 months.  Let me repeat that for you again. Over 6 months and no matter what people have provided to you.  You have offered nothing useful as a resolution.  Just the same bogus scripted reply.  

You have already lost customers as most of us simply replaced our Roku box with Apple TV boxes or Amazon options.   Good job being absolutely useless to all of your customers.  Many of us have gotten wise to your lame request and the fact that they lead to zero resolutions.  Now take this information to your superiors because no one wants to keep wasting their precious time seeing your repeated lame attempts to get information from people that you all do nothing with to actually help resolve the issue.   If you can’t come back with a resolution just stay off the forum as you’re not helping anyone at this point!

0 Kudos
TeeJaymac
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same! I haven't changed Roku devices so I suspect this has something to do with a Hulu upgrade. It started when Hulu began using the chime and hulu graphic when logging in. Bug that needs to be fixed.

0 Kudos
VTRenegade
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@TeeJaymac wrote:

Same! I haven't changed Roku devices so I suspect this has something to do with a Hulu upgrade. It started when Hulu began using the chime and hulu graphic when logging in. Bug that needs to be fixed.

It isn’t just with Hulu.  On my device which is a Roku Ultra it’s happens with all the apps.  It’s a Roku software update issue not a Hulu issue.   

Uncommonmartian
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@TeeJaymac wrote:

Naw cuz I don't use hulu anymore and it still does it on a bunch of other apps to me

Jump to solution

@RokuKariza-D

@RokuDanny-R 

I have been having this same issue as all of the previous commenters over the last few months (at least).  Can you please let us know when there has been any movement on this issue?  Just something simple to let the frustrated people in this thread know that this bug is being looked into?  Thank you for your help!

-Roku device model - 7121X Roku TV
-Serial number - YS00EM592628
-Device ID - FW28CE592628
-Software OS/version - Roku = 10.0.0 build 4209-30 Hulu = 6.49.3
-Does this issue occur on a specific channel? It only happens in Hulu
-Tracker ID - ID 28-367-021 Timestamp 2021-09-12T21:01:00Z
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing - Finish watching a show then press the back button to go to the list of shows. As others have stated it kicks me out of Hulu and back to the Roku home screen.

0 Kudos