Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krispyonion
Streaming Star

Re: Roku Express back button randomly returns to home screen when pushed

Jump to solution

The program ends, the episode list loads, I hit the Back button to go to Hulu's home screen, and instead it goes to the Roku home screen.

The program ends, the episode list loads, I scroll up to the program's home screen and hit the Back button to go to Hulu's home screen, and instead it takes me to Roku's home screen.

I decide to exit the program by hitting the Back button, and it drops me into Roku's home screen.

That's it - using the Back button while in the app.

VTRenegade
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

You won’t get any help from Roku. This entire page is filled with comments from many of us who have also experienced this same issue.  What you get as a response from Roku employees and send us all the details on your device and the software build version as well as serial number and blah blah blah then they give some lame response about how they will submit it to their useless investigation team but what they don’t do is come back with any resolution.  Since Roku has zero customer support by phone you may never get an answer or resolution to this issue since from what I can tell it’s on going since last May for some people and not one Roku employee has offered any useful information on how to fix it.  Probably because their software team doesn’t know how to resolve it and you may wait forever.  I have resolved the issue on my own by purchasing a brand new generation 5 4K Apple TV box and I will be selling my Roku to someone who doesn’t mind the fact that they offer zero customer support and can’t seem to fix the simplest of screw ups in their own coding.  Roku has definitely lost a customer in me.  I had been with them for probably 10 years now but no more!

khat

Jump to solution

Thank you for the response. I want to get an apple tv too but im wondering if they are releasing a new one this fall. If so, im gonna wait. 

BackButtonFun
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I figured out how to fix it. This solution will work for everyone. I bought an Amazon fire stick and now the back button on the Amazon remote works just like how the back button on the Roku is supposed to work. There you go problem solved. 

VTRenegade
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@khat wrote:

Thank you for the response. I want to get an apple tv too but im wondering if they are releasing a new one this fall. If so, im gonna wait. 

Gen 5 is the latest.  Being it’s 4K you would want to verify your TV is a 4K TV. If not a 4K you would need a generation 4 model.

I doubt you will see the release of anything newer this year being generation 5 just came out.  I scored a good deal on my purchase after doing some hunting on eBay.  

0 Kudos
VTRenegade
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@BackButtonFun wrote:

I figured out how to fix it. This solution will work for everyone. I bought an Amazon fire stick and now the back button on the Amazon remote works just like how the back button on the Roku is supposed to work. There you go problem solved. 

I solved the problem in a similar way by purchasing a gen 5 - 4K Apple TV box. My issue has been resolved as well and Roku can pound sand as I’ll never buy one of their products again. 

Uncommonmartian
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@BackButtonFun Lol thanx for the fix! Roku take notes.....YOUR LOSING CUSTOMERS!!

VTRenegade
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@Uncommonmartian wrote:

@BackButtonFun Lol thanx for the fix! Roku take notes.....YOUR LOSING CUSTOMERS!!

I solved the problem in a similar way by purchasing a gen 5 - 4K Apple TV box. My issue has been resolved as well and Roku can pound sand as I’ll never buy one of their products again.

Tcstrause

Jump to solution

If streaming and the back button is hit it takes me to roku home screen where it should instead go to the tv shows home to see episodes and such. Anyone find a solution to this??

0 Kudos
VTRenegade
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@Tcstrause wrote:

If streaming and the back button is hit it takes me to roku home screen where it should instead go to the tv shows home to see episodes and such. Anyone find a solution to this??

This has been on-going for many people starting as far back as May of 2021.  Mine started doing it just a few weeks ago.  After reading all the complaints and seeing no response from Roku  directly that was helpful in resolving the issue.  I finally solved the problem by purchasing a gen 5 - 4K Apple TV box.  My issue has been fully resolved, and Roku can pound sand.  I’ll never buy one of their products again. 

0 Kudos