Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deb_ack
Streaming Star

Re: Roku Express back button randomly returns to home screen when pushed

Jump to solution

Nope, the Hulu update did not fix the problem.  When I get to the end of a DVR'd show and hit the Back button, it still goes to the Roku main menu.

Waterscm78

Back button on remote while using Hulu app

Jump to solution

I own a Roku Streaming Stick+ as well as a Roku Ultra that are being used on separate televisions in my house. Both models have the same issue when using the Hulu app. After finishing watching a movie or a television episode, hitting the back button on the Roku remote exits the app completely and returns me to the Roku Home screen. This is an issue that only occurs with the Hulu application. Both the Hulu app and the Roku systems are up to date. Is anyone else having the same issue?

Tags (1)
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Back button on remote while using Hulu app

Jump to solution

@Waterscm78

Thanks for the post.

We would be happy to look further into the issue for you. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
deb_ack
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I reported this same bug a couple of weeks ago.  It's been happening for months.  Many other people have reported this issue.  You keep asking for their information, but so far, this problem has not been fixed (even though several people have given you their information). 

Please do something to fix this problem!  This bug has existed for several months, and it appears that Roku doesn't want to bother to fix the problem.

Thank you.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@deb_ack

Thanks for the follow up.

Please be aware that this issue is still under investigation. Since customers are still experiencing this issue in the Community, we will request their information so we can pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to look further into.

Your patience and understanding is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Uncommonmartian
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Same problem here too. Does it with most the apps I watch. So infuriating. 

facesoffentanyl
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The same thing has been happening to me. its making me hate the hulu app, does anyone have a solve?

krispyonion
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Same issue! Roku 3, happening for months now, but I've only experienced it on Hulu, so I thought it was that app being buggy.

Specifically, the back arrow sometimes registers as a double-tap, with an audible 'b-boop' when it happens. It happens with both the (pretty new) physical remote and the Roku app's remote. It happens no matter how lightly and briefly I try to tap, or the angle/distance between the Roku and the remote, or the cusswords I aim at the box before I press the button, etc.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@krispyonion

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Iamspartacus43
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This has been happening to me as well for about three weeks. This has nothing to do with the make, model or serial number of our devices. The problem is either with Roku universally, or with the Hulu app. Please fix this. Hulu is my primary cord-cutting app so it’s extremely frustrating for me.