Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vinced39

Roku Express 4K+ remote Battery drains daily

Our Roku Express 4K+ runs through batteries daily.  SN is S07P514K1TC9 Model 3941X.  Roku is plugged into the wall and nothing is plugged into the remote..  HELP!!

0 Kudos
22 REPLIES 22
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Express 4K+ remote Battery drains daily

If the batteries in the remote are Duracells, throw those in the trash.  Duracell is a very awful brand; any batteries they made after the 2000s will leak very fast by growing powder looking material on them, even while remaining in their original packaging.  I’d recommend these batteries: https://www.amazon.com/RAYOVAC-ENERGY-Alkaline-Batteries-Count/dp/B00XWP9DQM/ref=asc_df_B00XWP9DQM/?...

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Vinced39 

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

Warm regards,
Lianna

rdlaub
Streaming Star

I am having the same problem.  I have a Roku Streaming Stick+ 4K.  My batteries in the remote are draining over the course of several days.  I keep replacing the batteries with different brands but the issue continues.  I have other Roku Streaming Sticks where I haven't had to change the batteries for months.  Please help.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @rdlaub

Thanks for the post.

Battery life will vary based on usage. For normal use, the remote batteries may last two months or longer. Does your Roku remote support private listening? This may also be one factor for the battery drain.

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be viewed by navigating to Settings > System > About. I'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
rdlaub
Streaming Star

Hi.  This remote is used much less than the remotes on my other Roku devices connected to other TV's.  This remote does support private listening but I have never used that feature.

Serial Number - YH002N391000

Thank you.

@RokuKariza-D wrote:

Hello @rdlaub

Thanks for the post.

Battery life will vary based on usage. For normal use, the remote batteries may last two months or longer. Does your Roku remote support private listening? This may also be one factor for the battery drain.

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be viewed by navigating to Settings > System > About. I'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@rdlaub

Appreciate the prompt response.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
rdlaub
Streaming Star

Thank you

0 Kudos
Alecks
Reel Rookie

Roku voice remote draining batteries

Both of our Roku voice remotes are draining brand new batteries after a few days. Oh and no, this is not the remote with the headphone port.

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Roku voice remote draining batteries

If you say that it’s not the one with the headphone port, then your Voice Remote unit is the regular model (RC-AL7).  I also own the RC-AL7 Voice Remote but mine works great with my Roku Express+ 3910.  So all I can suggest to you is that you probably bought either a defective unit of the remote, or you could be using defective batteries.  I’d suggest checking the batteries to see if it’s a remote issue or a battery issue — if it’s an issue with the remote you might need to return it where you bought it from, and get a replacement unit.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos