Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
me4
Streaming Star

Re: Roku Enhanced Remote no longer controls Sceptre tv volume and power

Won't work with my new Sceptre either.  I purchased a GE Universal remote from Amazon for $10.  It controls my Sceptre, Roku Ultra, sound bar, and blu-ray.  Also has backlit buttons so you can see in the dark.  It doesn't have audio search (which I hate), so if you need that, you're outta luck.  Controls all basic functions; definitely worth 10 bucks!

TonyPolv
Reel Rookie

I had the same problem, in that my Roku remote would not control the volume.  The bottom line is that the Septer Codes don't work. Septer tells you to use "SONY" codes on anything othet than the original equipment Septer remotes!!!    The auto setup on Roku defaults to Septer as my Brand of TV .  Although this is correct, Septer uses Sony Codes.  So, to set your remote up to work, do it manually by going to Settings> remotes>set up remote> choose "CHANGE BRAND".  At this point enter "SONY".  Then follow the set-up process as prompted..."Hear music playing". etc. etc.

When finished, your remote "volume control" and "Power on /off control" will be operational.

_JOHN_
Streaming Star

The sony codes do not work either, and it seems ROKU gives zero sh*ts about this.

0 Kudos
TonyPolv
Reel Rookie

It worked on my Septer.  The Septer manual, under "Remote Control" reads..."This remote follows SONY's universal remote code".

My Roku remote recognized the TV as a Sony after I changed the brand under the prompt.  It may not work for every Septer or every Roku remote, but it di work for mine.

0 Kudos
DocP

Yes, that worked for me!

TonyPolv
Reel Rookie

I'm glad it worked for you!  I no longer have the Sceptre TV.  I replaced it with a Roku TV but it deffinetly worked.  I found it critical to follow the programing squence to the "T"!   I hope others find this helpful and suggest that if your first attempt fails to link up, TRY AGAIN! as I did.     Tony

0 Kudos