Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HillaryT

Replacement simple remote not working

I have a TLC•Roku TV with a simple remote (no wifi connection or paring). The remote was lost for a while and then simply would not work after I finally found it. I purchased a replacement remote directly from the spare parts website for my TV, but the replacement remote will not work either. Nothing happens when I point it at the TV just like the last one. I bought the remote based on my TVs model and serial number so it is for sure the correct one, why will it not work? Is there a set up step that I am missing?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Replacement simple remote not working

A simple remote is IR (Infrared) based. Make sure wherever the sensor is located is not blocked. The manual (you can probably find one online) may show a picture pointing out where the sensor is. It's also possible it's damaged or dead.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Replacement simple remote not working

I have a Samsung TV that responds to remotes when it feels like it.  I either bang on it to persuade it to cooperate or unplug the power for a few seconds and plug it back in.

You can verify if an IR remote is working by pointing it at a digital camera like the one in your phone.  If you see a flash on the camera screen when you press a button on the remote then it's probably a problem with the TV and not the remote assuming you have the correct remote for the TV.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos