Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Replacement simple remote does not have a pairing button or LED. and scam alert against Hello Te

@cee3peeoh 

Okay so your original remote doesn't  have microphone button or tv controls, so it isn't a voice remote, but it isn't  a simple remote either. Currently the only remotes available to control a Roku stick are voice remotes with extra features then  your original. 

Is your original Roku stick PURPLE!!!

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
cee3peeoh
Channel Surfer

Re: Replacement simple remote does not have a pairing button or LED. and scam alert against Hello Te

No.  It is not purple.

This is the ROKU, it is extremely hard to get to and is not purpleThis is the ROKU, it is extremely hard to get to and is not purpleThis is the back of the original remote. You will notice the small black pairing button at the bottom of the battery compartment.This is the back of the original remote. You will notice the small black pairing button at the bottom of the battery compartment.This is the original remoteThis is the original remote

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Yes, that is one of first models of wifi-direct remotes, it originally came with 3600 sticks. You want a remote like that you'll have to go used on eBay to find one. The 3600 stick is not worth this aggravation, see if Roku is offering you an upgrade here:

Roku | My offers

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
cee3peeoh
Channel Surfer

ROKU is not offering anything.  I'll look elsewhere for another carrier.

0 Kudos
cee3peeoh
Channel Surfer

OK folks, I finally bit the bullet and decided none of your responses would fix my problem.  I bout another Roku Express and within a week the remote quit.

Just today, I exchanged it for a brand new Roku Express, now the new one won't boot  I keep getting the Roku boot page then it goes away and the light on the Roku device is yellow instead of green like the last one and flashes one one second long flash then one short flash, then repeats.

C'mon gurus, show me your stuff.

0 Kudos

Yep, that's why I came here! To scream about how these MORONS can't even make the simplest app that can even find the brand new Roku tv I bought yesterday and that is currently plugged in and turned on 2 feet in front of me - yet thus idiotic app Roku produced States it still, after almost an hour of me trying various things I could think of (since Roku made no suggestions except **bleep** 2 yr olds would even know! 😠), it is simply unable to tell that a brand new Roku television was within inches of it!!! Not a thing useful posted by the company online either! Rude jerks, they blame all errors on customers who must have forgotten to sign in to the identical wifi, or that the software is up to date, or that turning the device &/or it's software should be turned on and off and that the 2 devices should be located in the same room!!!! They think customers everywhere are complete morons. I highly suggest to you all to never look up anything from Roku for help!!! Or you will either end up committing murder on them or sadly suicide on yourself since those Roku jackasses do like to try to convince humanity that we are all wrong!! Only they know what is right!! 🤬🖕😡

Fyi, I just refuse to allow bad companies keep my money so I returned their product and bought a universal remote.  I hadn't at first because Roku products are advertised as needed only brand products for good functionality of their devices but it turns out they lie about that too!! Lol 🙂  Cheaper remote and app plus they WORK! 👍😀  Easily! Virtually no effort needed!!!

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@cee3peeoh

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify which Express device you purchase and are experiencing an issue with? 

With more details we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cee3peeoh
Channel Surfer

SkypeepHATErok

A frikkin men brother!  I am a troubleshooting technician and have been for over twenty years.  I know what I ordered and I know what I recieved was the wrong remote despite what these answers are.  I also sent it back and still have NOT received my refund even though I obtained an RMA #.  I did send an email to that effect and received an answer asking for a tracking number.  Hmmmm, that says to me their RMA system doesn't work or they are flooded with returned product.  

Please advise which remote you bought for the Roku that will replace my simple remote that does not have a pairing button and only works on two buttons within an inch of the receiver. 

It is also really sad that the Roku devices have to be wifi which creates its own problems instead of a more stable direct connect option with a static IP that I prefer.

To my post about the new Express not booting,  I took it to another TV and it booted just fine.  I removed it and replaced it on the TV I had it on before and now it works.  I still have my original Roku stick and remote that just quit.

0 Kudos