Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Replacement Remote for Streambar 4k

Jump to solution

Panasonic calls its cec, viera-link? Don't know about a JVC? 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

As far as I know, JVC never sold Panasonic-made TV sets under the JVC brand.  Both companies are not even related.  So I have no idea how @scoobyclub can tell that his JVC branded TV set is a Panasonic manufactured model.

EDIT: Turns out both JVC and Panasonic were related.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
scoobyclub
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Multiple Japanese companies are very closely related. Matsu**bleep**a, JVC and Panasonic have all had a piece of each other over the decades. Matsu**bleep**a owned both until not that long ago. They also collaborate on the technology that goes into each others TVs. Hence why many TVs have different outsides but the same insides but with their own terminology. 

I'm interested in possible solutions only. @Tivoburkee has been really helpful in this regard. I don't need diversions on subjects that clearly are not part of the question or the solution. Spent enough time trying to just get a bloody remote working (and failing). The forums make it clear that Roku either don't have a clue on it or do and are trying to conceal it.

Here, I'm asking about why my Roku is failing to detect my TV as HDMI-ARC despite all settings now being correct as far as I can see (CEC and HDMI-ARC).

Think I might just give up and airplay everything from my iPad which seems un utter waste of all the apps on both my TV and my Streambar but it does seem to work quite well.

I can get the sound via optical cable it just seems like it shouldn't be necessary. I get my Universal Remote tomorrow. Will see if that solves or adds to my problems.

I mean, am I old fashioned in thinking that these things should just work?

0 Kudos
scoobyclub
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Wow can't even say Matsu**bleep**a without getting censored. Jeez.

0 Kudos
scoobyclub
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I am removing notifications from this thread to stop me getting diverted again.

Thanks @Tivoburkee for your help. Fingers crossed I find a solution that I can make work. I probably will it is just taking rather longer than I would like.

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@scoobyclub  Well, it does turn out I’m wrong about the JVC/Panasonic relationship and that they really were related.  According to Wikipedia, Matsu**bleep**a was the company that became Panasonic in 2008.  JVC was owned by Matsu**bleep**a from 1953, up until Matsu**bleep**a’s rebranding to Panasonic.  At the time Matsu**bleep**a became Panasonic in 2008, JVC was merged with Kenwood to form JVCKenwood.  

I do apologize for being wrong about the relationship.  I couldn’t actually remember if Matsu**bleep**a/Panasonic owned JVC at one point or not, so that is why I assumed they weren’t related.  Again, I do apologize.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
scoobyclub
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Fair play. So many technologies share underlying technology or standards such as HDMI-ARC. What's confusing is that they want to stamp their own branding on them even though they are the same.

I have often found I can get things to work by using a related brand's settings because the underlying software/hardware is effectively identical but named differently. Saves on costs I guess.

0 Kudos