Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hpulido3
Reel Rookie

Replaced a roku device. Remote not working out of box

I replaced a Roku express device.  The remote new remote was working up to the point where It stopped working when I tried to enter password for wifi.  It got stuck on the letter a and would not move.   I got another remote from another room and it worked to enter the password.  I have tried everything that was suggested and cannot get the remote to work. Model #3930x SN#50083226agju.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Replaced a roku device. Remote not working out of box

Hello @hpulido3

I hope you're doing well. 

For clarification, have you tried all the suggestions provided in this Support link: How to fix your Roku® voice or simple remote that is not working? Let us know so we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
hreid23

I'm having the same issue with my remote and my TV and remote is only about 2 weeks old. It get stuck on a letter or won't move up and down or right to left. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@hreid23

Thanks for the post.

For clarification, are you experiencing an issue with a remote for a Roku TV or a Roku device? If you are experiencing an issue with a Roku TV remote, please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos