Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote Control Battery Status Keeps Displaying on TV

Jump to solution

@Connied68  Thanks for the note here. Sorry to hear about the issue you are running into with your remote. I would recommend trying to reboot both your Roku device, and your wireless router/modem to see if this helps. In order to use the Roku mobile app, your phone will need to be connected to the same wireless network as your Roku device. It should then appear when searching for devices to connect to. 

If you'd like more help with your remote issues, please send me a private message with your Roku account email address and your preferred contact phone number. I'll have a member of our support team follow up to assist you further. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos

Re: 55R625 - right corner battery level icon/overlay error displayed middle of show

Jump to solution

Has this issue had a resolution? I have the battery ICON on top right of TV when I watch ROKU for months now. It was green now recently turned red. Is there an issue? 

RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: 55R625 - right corner battery level icon/overlay error displayed middle of show

Jump to solution

@Ilovesunshine50 Thanks for reaching out. If you see red in the battery indicator, this typically lets you know that your remote's battery level is low. 

If you are seeing the battery indicator appearing often, please help provide a few more details so we can help take a closer look: 

- What screen are you on when you see this issue occurring? Home screen, while streaming a channel?

- If while streaming, which streaming channel(s) are you watching?

- Is there any pattern to the behavior or does it seemingly occur at random? Are you touching or using your remote when you see the icon? 

- Could you record a brief video clip of the behavior and share it with us so we can review? 

Please feel free to send me a private message with more details and I'll follow up directly to continue assisting you. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
mikeystark

Jump to solution

Same issue here, at this point I am ready to get my hands on the yet to be released Chromecast Ultra

0 Kudos
Xsnowwhite
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue as well. I reboot everything and the remote will work for about 20 second then stop working and the battery status pops up on screen every few minutes. Help please! 

0 Kudos
summersrl
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Roku finally replaced my device. The replacement works perfectly.

0 Kudos
Jambla7
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

They replaced your remote or your actual device?  They replaced my remote, but it didn’t fix it.

0 Kudos
summersrl
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

They replaced the entire device (box and remote).

0 Kudos
Jambla7
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Oh that’s great!  It would be nice if they would do the same for me!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Jambla7 @Xsnowwhite 

Thanks for the note.

I have passed along your concerns to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos