Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AppleGuy
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Remote Low Battery Indicator (EXTREME ANNOYANCE!)

I'm having this issue too.

Roku Ultra and Voice Remote Pro.  It pops up on the upper right side of the screen with a red, nearly empty battery, warning me that it's at 99%.  WTH?

Of course, it's not on screen long enough for me to grab the phone, bring up the camera, and snap a picture.  

I haven't figured out a frequency or trigger, and it's in pretty much any app.

Lastly, I have a second Ultra with a voice remote pro that doesn't do it at all.

Also lastly...  It didn't start doing this until I added the voice remote pro to the mix.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@AppleGuy

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

-image of the issue you are experiencing

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AppleGuy
Channel Surfer

Hi,                

Thanks for getting back to me.            

PM'd you with all of the details and pictures.

0 Kudos
Racker
Reel Rookie

Hit the home button 5 times and the back button 5 times? Is this a joke?                

who are we dealing with here?

bestshow329
Reel Rookie

3810RW Roku streaming stick +

Lot#2189037635

SN C2395G389596

Will display that the battery is still at a good value. Why is Roku doing this all the time when there is no problem with the battery?  I did not ask the Roku to check the battery status.  The battery is still in the way good range.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Do you have another Roku device with another remote in your household? Are you currently using the original remote that came with the Roku device?

With more detailed information, we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
vcadieux

Hi,

I havve a TCL TV with Roku integrated and I am getting this notification everytime I open the tv after 10-15 mins even if battery is full. This is very annoying and. I can’t find a way to disable it.

Any solution ?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@vcadieux

Thanks for the post.

Please see my previous post and let us know so we can better understand the issue you are seeing.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KTHOM

I too am having this same problem, I have an Roku Ultra 4800 It has the latest device update..  remote control battery icon (show battery is good green bars are displayed) keeps popping   on the top right corner of my TV..   The batteries are good. I have tried all the troubleshooting steps posted here. It happens every 30 seconds or so across all streaming channels I am not pressing any buttons not touching remote at all this has been going on for about a week or so I have plugged in the headphones that came with my Roku but I am not using them now I have unplugged, system restarted replaced the batteries please help this is driving me crazy!!

bestshow329
Reel Rookie

I put a different battery from different manufacture.  This seems to solve my problem.  The old battery was checked good as well as the new battery.  

0 Kudos