Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Racker
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Remote Low Battery Indicator (EXTREME ANNOYANCE!)

Hi Danny

This feature is not beneficial to your customers. It is an annoyance as posted over and over on this thread. We are clearly able to determine when to change the batteries.

Please let R&D know how unhappy the Roku customers are with this ‘feature’.

If possible, Please push an update to remove this.

Krawk
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Remote Low Battery Indicator (EXTREME ANNOYANCE!)

The latest update does NOT do what has been suggested here multiple times.

I used to turn on my TV and watch the pretty aquarium screensaver, but the latest update shuts off the screensaver as soon as the TV turns on. Nice to see their efforts were spent on more important things I guess.

SV2130

Re: Remove remote battery life indicator on screen

I have the same issue. I have full battery life- 3 green bars- yet get releated battery life indicators on the too right of my screen. So annoying!!  Can you tell me how to remove these? 

Emissary35
Roku Guru

I can't believe it's been over a year and a half since I created this topic to complain about this issue and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING has been done to address this issue at all!

Roku is completely ignoring this problem, they do not care at all! The voice remotes are nothing but battery hogs that kill batteries very quickly and you are constantly having to replace them. Then they decided to attach a malfunctioning low battery warning that spams your screen continuously until you change the batteries, with NO OPTION in the settings to turn it off!

The only thing Roku Danny has done on this topic is ask everyone who complains to paste their serial numbers as if knowing that will solve the issue. Well how has that worked out Roku Danny? Did those serial numbers provide a fix to this issue? Of course not! This is not an issue with our individual devices, this is an issue with the Roku firmware!

Roku programmed the low battery warning into the firmware with no way to turn it off and they need to fix it! The low battery message on the screen needs to either be removed entirely or have an option created in the remote settings to control it. This way we can all decide to shut it off if we are sick of our screens being spammed! I suspect most of us would immediately turn it off!

I've requested this again and again and so have many other people here, so my question to Roku is, why are you ignoring us? It's obviously either laziness or stubbornness that this is being allowed to continue and it speaks volumes about the people in charge over at Roku that we are being completely ignored when we have a legitimate complaint.

Failing to address issues like this as well as now removing all private channels shows that Roku is not the company I thought it was. I will not be purchasing any more Roku products going forward because this company clearly cares nothing for people who buy Roku devices.

Now make sure to ask for my serial number one last time and fail to fix the issue Roku Danny!

Racker
Reel Rookie

Yes Sir

UNBELIEVABLE is right. I don’t believe Roku Danny is a live person. 
I’ll also be making the switch from Roku.
I loved the ease of the initial setup and the expansion of the Roku channel, but now that they are not supporting their customers, that outweighs those benefits. 

Stoffersj

Our remote battery level is showing on screen and then remote will not work for a few seconds even though battery is full. Help… have tried all the suggestions 

seriel number: XO1600LJLRD9

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Stoffersj

Thanks for the post and providing me with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Another robotic response from Roku Danny. How come he won't reply to any of my points that I have posted repeatedly I wonder?

Rnm89

Mine is doing the exact same thing. I've restarted the roku and re-paired the remote. I have brand new batteries in the remote but yet every few minutes the highly annoying notification pops up on the screen just to show me that it has a full battery. What sense does this make? 🤦‍♀️

TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Have you tried doing a factory reset on your Roku? None of my 6 Roku devices have this issue. 

0 Kudos