Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrhall72
Reel Rookie

Battery warning here, too

Jump to solution

For the last week or so, I have been getting the remote battery level thingy too on my Roku Ultra, every few minutes. (My battery is currently at 51 percent. Thanks for the information.) I have tried unplugging it and taking out the batteries, and that doesn't help. My wife says it doesn't bother her, but I believe that if I bought something, it should work. If my wife ever agrees, I'll probably be switching to an Amazon TV Fire Cube.

0 Kudos
Tutts

Re: How to fix remote battery life indicator on screen

Jump to solution

I haven't used my Roku in a while and decided to put it upstairs in one of the bedrooms. I plugged it in and it said low battery. I have unplugged it and plugged it back in, I have pushed the reset three times, and still nothing. When you first plug it in the Roku letters come up and then black screen. Thanks again for your time

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@Emissary35 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to fix remote battery life indicator on screen

Jump to solution

@Tutts-

The bouncing letter start up screen on Roku models from the last several years (you didn't mention the Roku model name and number) displays at 720p.  If the Roku is configured to use higher resolutions it  switches to a higher resolution when it goes to the Roku home screen.  I suspect your relocated Roku is set for the screen resolution of its former tv, but the one it's connected to now does not support that resolution, resulting in loss of picture when it goes to the Roku home screen. 

I'd suggest putting the Roku back on its former TV. If it comes up okay there, go into Settings > Display type and change the Roku to the actual resolution of the "problem" set, not a different resolution or the "auto" setting. When you get to the countdown screen click on the "yes" option to save this setting to the Roku. Now move the Roku back to the "problem" set and see if it works.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Racker
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Remote Low Battery Indicator (EXTREME ANNOYANCE!)

Jump to solution

Agreed!! FIX THE ISSUE that is clearly defined in this thread

JTBrooklyn
Reel Rookie

Re: Battery warning here, too

Jump to solution

Battery warnings are useless and unwelcome. Get your priorities straight Roku and listen to your customers.

The only thing that's even more annoying is Dan's gaslighting. Dan, get a hobby please.

mrhall72
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku apparently solved the problem. Thanks.

0 Kudos
JTBrooklyn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Really, how? I would love to get this disturbing and highly annoying prompt off my screen. How do I turn it off???

0 Kudos
mrhall72
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have no idea what Roku did, assuming Roku fixed it. It was there one day and gone the next. Maybe it responded to the four-letter words -- Fire Cube.

0 Kudos
JTBrooklyn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It's not fixed.

0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Remote Low Battery Indicator (EXTREME ANNOYANCE!)

Jump to solution

Once again my remotes do this once the battery level gets lower. Keeps popping up a message onto the top right of my TV screen saying that my batteries are 10%, then later 8%, sometimes it says 0% then back up to 10% again. It doesn't even give an accurate reading, it's literally all over the place like it's guessing!

All the while every time I press a button the remote always works! So why does it have to keep spamming my screen telling me that the batteries are low or dead when they still work? It's like an annoying little advertisement being shoved down our throats: "Change the batteries now....Change the batteries now...Buy more batteries!" Seriously does Roku have some secret deal with the battery companies to either drain batteries faster than normal, or report false readings that they are dead when they aren't? Then spam people's screens to trick them into changing batteries before they are even dead?

Before I'd only get the annoying pop up when I pressed a button on the remote but that has changed, now it's gotten worse. I sat down to watch a movie a few days ago and an hour into the film suddenly a pop up comes onto my screen saying that my battery is at 0%! A couple days later I watched an episode of a show and after about a half hour of viewing the Roku randomly pops onto my screen that the battery level is at 0%!

This is absolutely unacceptable! I'm sitting watching a movie trying to enjoy myself and my Roku player won't leave me alone! Do you think I want to see low battery messages in the middle of my videos? I'm not even touching my remote for an extended amount of time and I'm still getting this annoying message!

Well, since Roku is clearly ignoring this issue on all counts I'll be ignoring the urge to ever buy any Roku products in the future! So stop asking for serial numbers! Modify the friggin Roku firmware TO INCLUDE an option in the REMOTE SETTINGS to TURN OFF the low battery warning that comes onto the screen! Let us TURN IT OFF! That's literally all you people have to do! But you won't!

Now make sure you ignore my comment here and instead once again paste the same robotic response asking me for my serial number once more, for the tenth time! Customer service with Roku is terrible! An absolute JOKE!!!