Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
We-like-cats
Channel Surfer

Re: Remote Control Battery Status Keeps Displaying on TV

Jump to solution

Still having the issue after a year. Is there anything we can do. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@We-like-cats 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
We-like-cats
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

How do I send you a private message ?

0 Kudos
We-like-cats
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Sent

0 Kudos
emahon98

Re: Battery icon

Jump to solution

i did that and it worked for about a month.  Does the roku remote eat batteries?  that is a really low battery life

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Battery icon

Jump to solution

Do they sometimes eat batteries?  Have you seen all the threads in the Remotes section?

https://community.roku.com/t5/Remotes-Accessories/bd-p/remotes-accessories

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
JonSF
Channel Surfer

Re: 55R625 - right corner battery level icon/overlay error displayed middle of show

Jump to solution

My screen finally died completely. Well - the backlight worked, but the images never came back. I had to get all of the boards replaced by TCL. Curiously, the top right remote problem I had did NOT come back with the new hardware... I think it's a hardware problem with the "older" versions... Not sure if this helps or if it's good news for anyone that has this problem. I'd suggest you ask TCL for replacement boards if that's the only remedy that actually fixes this.

- Jon

0 Kudos
pghkatrina
Channel Surfer

Let us shut off the stupid battery warning!

Jump to solution

The stupid battery warning comes up every time I pick up the remote right now but they'll last another week at least (I'm single) I'm not going to replace the batteries if they still work and waste the energy in them. You replace them when they're DEAD and the remote stops working. This popping up in the corner constantly is annoying and frankly unnecessary. There needs to be an option for users to shut it off if we choose to. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Let us shut off the stupid battery warning!

Jump to solution

@pghkatrina 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
David21
Binge Watcher

Re: Let us shut off the stupid battery warning!

Jump to solution

My guess is that some manager thought it would be a good feature and ordered it implemented and pushed out in a system update. My guess is that it can't be disabled, so we will have to see the stupid battery level icon now and then forever. Thanks, Roku, for adding a feature we hate.