Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
summersrl
Binge Watcher

Re: Remote Control Battery Status Keeps Displaying on TV

Jump to solution

Yeah. Right. I've heard that before....

RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@summersrl Again, our apologies for the missed connection earlier. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for a follow-up from our team with further instructions. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Kev001
Channel Surfer

Re: Battery icon

Jump to solution

I have this problem, I changed batteries and it shows full charge, but remote won’t work, Roku app works fine, but not remote. Turned wifi off and on, reset roku box etc...still no good

0 Kudos
summersrl
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Okay. It's been six days since RokuTannerD assured me that one of their folks was going to reach out to me on this issue. And, just like time I got such a promise.... I've heard nothing from them. I don't know why they don't just say they haven't a clue how to fix the issue nor why they continue to promise a level of support/assistance they have no intention of actually providing. 

RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@summersrl Thanks for following up. I double checked, and our support team did reach out to you on January 29th as stated.

Please take a look in your email spam/junk folders to see if you missed our message. If you still aren't seeing it, please send me a private message with your preferred contact phone number and I will have our support team reach out again. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
summersrl
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Direct message sent

0 Kudos
Jambla7
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the exact same problem as well.  I’ve already received a replacement remote and it didn’t fix it.

0 Kudos
summersrl
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

That's not very reassuring as I am currently awaiting a replacement remote! I will post my experience (good or bad) after receiving the replacement.

Connied68
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Oh my Lord the exact.  thing is happening to me for 2 weeks now every few minutes the  battery icon pops up in the right-hand corner of my TV every few minutes goes off I'm not touching the remote there's nothing else linked to it I'm not using any easy listening or private listening nothing like that brand new batteries multiple different types of brand new batteries in my remote won't even work at a work every now and then every now and I can get it to turn it down but since last night I've been stuck on one channel because I cannot change my channel I'll unplugged the Roku for a while plugged up again done the batteries in and out and now I can't get it to do nothing I'm stuck on one channel since last night I don't know what's going on I have been trying to 7 a.m. this morning to email message someone to get help I put the Roku app on my phone because it says the app can be used like a remote on your phone so I was going to do that it says it cannot find my device my device cut on everything is on the TV was on on a Roku channel that has been stuck on I was going to try to manually put it in but it says I need to IP address I've been trying for six and a half hours now to get help with this the Roku and my phone's on the same internet I just need help please I mean I have called the customer technical support 6 * cuz they open up and get 8 a.m. every time I call and it'll say wait time is 11 minutes and instead of the time going down because of the 18 minutes I hang up I call back and see wait time is 15 minutes it goes after 25 minutes I call back it says wait time is 20 minutes it goes up in 35 minutes I don't understand why wait times are going up instead of down and for six and a half hours I've been trying to get someone to help me with this I love Roku but I've been stuck on one channel since last night and I can't get no help I need the IP address so I can try to manually put it in and connect it so I can use my phone as a remote I mean I just paid my internet Wi-Fi Bill last night and now I can't even use it because whatever is going on with it please please help

0 Kudos
summersrl
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi Connie. I can feel your pain. That said.... what you describe sounds (to me, anyway) like a wifi issue, not a Roku issue. If the phone cannot find the Roku - and you cannot change channels on the Roku - that sounds like the Roku is not connected to your wifi. I'm not a network engineer so don't take this as gospel, but I suspect that either your wifi is down (easy to check - can you access any internet site with a computer or your phone with the phone's data connection turned off?) or the Roku needs to be reconnected to the wifi (settings menu).

Regardless, I doubt the connection issue is related to the constant battery icon issue.

Good luck!

0 Kudos