Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote won’t pair light blinking but stuck on pair your remote screen

@Kebradley13

Thanks for the reply.

I have forwarded your concern and information to our team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Anselette

I'm having the same issue. Roku (Model #3810X) and voice remote (Model RC-FA1  322600110)Worked fine until I lost power. I've changed batteries in remote, reset the Roku by removing power to Roku, taking batteries out of remote, waiting, restoring power to Roku, reinstalling batteries when the Roku logo began, held remote pairing button for 5 seconds - the light blinks, screen on TV stuck on pair your remote screen.

id love some help.

ososoul

I'm having the same issue. Model 3820X, SNSmiley FrustratedO8Y4187LU93, Remote model RC-FA1 SN: 3226001105.

Hey Roku, do you think this might beat systemic issue? Maybe it's not user error? Maybe there's something wrong with your devices?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Anselette

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@ososoul

Thanks for the post and providing us with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I had the same problem and it was very frustrating. I was just about ready to return it when I saw in one reply to reset it with the remote right next to the Roku receiver. I put them nose to nose and **bleep** if it didn’t start pairing. This is not a battery issue as they are new and the remote now works anywhere in the room. 

0 Kudos
BJK12
Channel Surfer

Same problem. Brand new out of the box. 
SN: 2130 A8849409

Model:3810x

Please help. I’ve tried everything in this string and all other troubleshooting items related to this. 

Bruce

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@BJK12 wrote:

Same problem. Brand new out of the box. 
... Model:3810x ...

That model was discontinued seven months ago. That means the batteries sat for at least that long. And since it's unusual for a device to be sold as new that long after discontinuance, I'm wondering if there's something else that might figure into this.

And, "tried everything" isn't helpful in telling what you've done. If you have actually tried everything, then it's defective and should be returned. The comparable replacement to the 3810 would be the 3820 Roku Streaming Stick 4K, which is currently on sale for $39. At that price, and exchange may be a good idea, unless you got a really great bargain on the 3810.

But in case there is something that wasn't tried, follow the instructions on this page, scrolling down to "Pair your voice remote during setup." And do not consider the batteries in that box as new. They've been sitting on a shelf for months, possibly years.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
BJK12
Channel Surfer

I guess I should have been more exact in my statement…I tried everything I could think of and found on this forum, but I was hoping someone smarter than I could impose some new wisdom that wasn’t documented already. As part of MY “tried everything”, it included the process you reference as well as new batteries…2 different sets in case the new new ones weren’t new anymore.  Based on your feedback, I guess it must be defective and will exchange.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

@BJK12 

Did new out of the box have the long-range wireless receiver cable installed that looks like this:

Image of USB power cable with long-range wireless receiver.

The Roku Stick+ will not work without it, both the remote and internet communicate with that receiver instead of the Stick+ itself. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.