Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bjzipfel03

Remote stopped working

Jump to solution

My roku remote up and quit working. I’ve changed batteries and all, not even the pairing button responds. Is there a fix for this? Can it be replaced?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote stopped working

Jump to solution

@Bjzipfel03 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We would first recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

43 REPLIES 43
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Bjzipfel03 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We would first recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
SWBadger

Jump to solution

My remote also is not working. My Roku is a 3800X.  Batteries are good.  Green light won't light up when trying out pairing.  TV screen shows Roku screen but remote is no longer controlling it.

John A

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@SWBadger 

Thanks for the post.

As stated in my previous post, we would first recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
only1s_unique
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same issue, but how do I send a PM, where is that located?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

click on name, view profile, scroll down on the right is a purple box to send a PM.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
only1s_unique
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ok thank you, I didn't see that at first, I guess I had to sign in first. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Canisminimus
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same problem. Remote for 3600x is just dead. New batteries. Still dead. Reset stick and now it asks me to pair the remote but remote is dead. 
All the “help” says I can order a replacement from ROKU, but it does not seem to exist on the website except as part of a whole new package. 

Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

You will need a wifi remote, the first remote listed here, the voice remote is what you need:

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Joeryser

Jump to solution

Hi Danny: 

Remote still not functioning.  The pairing light is flashing rapidly, no the “pair your remote” screen remains on the tv and remote not working.  After several minutes the screen goes to language but remote will not allow control

joe ryser