Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PastorJ

Remote repair doesn't work

My remote still doesn't work even after a hard reset, it won't pair back to my Vizio TV for volume and power. It was working just fine until I had to switch batteries. Customer support won't help, I've tried every single troubleshooting step possible through Roku and still nothing. The power and volume buttons still just don't work. I've tried other TV pairing and nothing. This is irritating that nobody can help with this. I restarted my TV as well and nothing. Has anyone been through this and found the fix since Roku Customer support won't help? I might just return all four back to Amazon and get a firestick to be honest. I need help

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote repair doesn't work

Did you read exactly what it says now when programming tv brand? it used to ask if the music stopped, if it didn't you would press no, for it to try another code. NOW!! after update 11.5, it now asks if the music is still playing, and if it is and so didn't control your tv you have to press YES for negative result and to get it to try another code. Pressing NO, it takes it as positive result and quits the programming. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
PastorJ

I followed the instructions perfectly. Like you said now it asks "Do you still hear music" and in my case it still plays music going through only 4 different codes. It then says "We weren't able to pair your remote". I even hard reset my TV thinking that was the issue and still nothing. The remote has been tried on 3 different TV's in the house and won't pair with volume and power like before. 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

If the Vizio codes don't work, try Goldstar or LG. They use the same IR commands for volume and power as your Vizio. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
PastorJ

Ok I'll try thank you. I'll follow up if it works or not

0 Kudos
PastorJ

Both don't work

0 Kudos