Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote not pairing - always blinking

@Pogmothon @maw4156 

Thanks for the information.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-when did this issue start occurring

Once we have more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
maw4156
Binge Watcher

Danny - I sent you a PM with the requested info.  

0 Kudos
dr_geezer
Reel Rookie

While waiting to be contacted by Roku support, I thought I would try resetting my Roku device.  Like you, I think last week's update messed up the connectivity with my Roku remote.

To start, like you, I have the Roku remote app on my Smartphone (just in case this didn't work).  Next, I went into the Roku settings and selected Factory Reset under System.  It started it's memory wipe reboot and I was feeling pretty comfortable until it said it had to apply the recent update.  Since I couldn't exit out, I said okay and hung my head waiting for disappointment.  Surprisingly, though, after the update was applied, my remote was working again!

Give it a shot and see if it works for you.

Dr. Geezer

0 Kudos
Jazz1185

Thankyou dr geezer!! Factory reset worked for us too!! 

0 Kudos
maw4156
Binge Watcher

Dr_Geezer:  Thanks for the idea.  I gave it a try but sadly it didn't work.  Support got back to me and said that they would send a new remote.  I really don't think the remote is the issue but I said that I would give it a try.  Fingers crossed.

0 Kudos
Cranberry1

Same problem here...tried pairing so many times...light continuously blinks as soon as batteries inserted.  We tried a factory reset also...it did go to pairing screen and worked ONE time...now nothing again.  We did buy a new remote...does same thing!  Our phone apps work fine but would still like a remote that works!

0 Kudos
msr223
Reel Rookie

I have the exact same problem!

0 Kudos
Stealth3

Having the same issue.  Just bought the R635 and when first powered on TV remote worked.   When continuing with setup remote quit working.  Tried all the methods including the one from tech support.  Nothing.   Light blinks green rapidly but will not pair at all.   Had to download app I. It’s to use my TV.   This is my first TCL purchase and right out of the box I’m having regrets.   Is there a fix for this?????

0 Kudos
Canzie5

Re: pairing light always blinking

I had the same issue. I sat by the device with the remote blinking for about 10 minutes. It finally quit blinking green. When it quit blinking, I held the pairing button on the remote for 5 seconds, pointing to the stick, and it paired up automatically! I hope this helps.

0 Kudos
khajec

Re: pairing light always blinking

I have had the same issue of blinking and unable to pair. I have been trying and retrying for the past month on several tvs, wifi on/off, new router, new batteries, everything I have seen suggested. I was even hoping I could just use my phone to access the stick instead of the remote but can't figure that out, I thought that was supposed to be possible but I guess not.  

I have stick Model: 3810x

remote model: RC-AL7

I only bought this in May 2020  from Best Buy (New) and can't believe it is not working already.  If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos