Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimmyJim
Channel Surfer

Remote model RC-MC1 will not charge

My SKU is 3226000888

Ive tried 3 different power adapter and cords and nothing works. I did charge it successfully at least twice in the past. It’s fairly new. There is no battery access so I can’t put in new batteries and the only option is to charge. 

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote model RC-MC1 will not charge

@JimmyJim

Thanks for the post.

Did this remote come with a Roku device or did you purchase this remote separately?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Swp76
Reel Rookie

I purchased this remote separately and it is at 2% green light is blinking and its not charging

0 Kudos
JimmyJim
Channel Surfer

I never got mine to charge. Wish I never bought it. Only worked a few months. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Swp76 @JimmyJim

Thanks for the posts.

How long are you charging the remote? Are you using the remote when it's being charged? Are you using the private listening feature with the remote?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Swp76
Reel Rookie

Nope it used to charge in about an hour

nope i dont use it while its charging but its still functional while being charged.

i checked its charging via the microphone asking it whats the charge at it went from 2 percent to 0 percent over the next hour never taking a charge so i switched cables

just to see if it was The cable as they can sometimes go bad 

nothing so i switched to a different charger that is the correct specs and not the charger faulting 

still no change. 

end result is the battery doesnt hold a charge making the item worthless

so i talked to customer service and it was still under warranty and they are sending me a replacement.

after i receive its replacement ill open up this remote and do a proper analysis and see if the battery or board is defective   

btw the above link (a reply by roku staff)

to contact customer service worked to dtart this process i would suggest reposting the link for others whose usb recharging voice remote failed this wsy as it is quite common for this model rc-mc1

0 Kudos
Swp76
Reel Rookie

Open the remote

carefully use a butterknife thin type wedge(very thin wide flathead screwdriver works) hold the roku tab start with the seam by the charging whole

be careful when pilling apart the clamshell there are wires connecting two pieces of the clamshell(the headphone jack and the main board are separate and thankfully there is a long wire with a pin connecter

you will see the battery pack with 3 pin connector  it has a foam heat-shield on it and the pack is glued to the board.

simply unplug the battery pack and resear it…….this worked for me

i think the battery might have been too hot and the board turned off the charging capability reseating the battery after it cooled down worked for me 

as a side-note i think replacing the battery pack would be quite simple

0 Kudos
KarenB711

I am having the same problem with my RC-MC1, Roku Voice Remote Pro. I've been communicating with Roku's Customer Service on Facebook Messenger and I've tried all the "fixes" recommended, but nothing works. They told me that Roku customer service will reach out about a replacement via the email on my Roku account, but it's been 2 days and I haven't heard anything. It's obvious from all the complaints online about this exact issue, that there is a genuine problem with this model and it should be fixed. 

0 Kudos
Swp76
Reel Rookie

Open the remoteup (clamshell snaps together) unplug the battery plug it back in if that dont work battery is likely dead

the batteries are cheaply made and easily replaced

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@KarenB711

Thanks for the post. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos