Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
conner172
Reel Rookie

Remote locks up after pressing volume button

Remote locks up and displays a full battery "remote control" after pressing volume button once

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote locks up after pressing volume button

Hi @conner172

Welcome to Roku Community. 

We'd like to know more about this so we can assist you further. Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?

Please let us know any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
conner172
Reel Rookie

I was seeing a Remote Remote Battery Low icon on my television last week. I changed the batteries the next day, and ever since then have had problems with the Roku remote. I followed the instructions for resetting the Roku Streaming Stick 4K and the Roku remote, changed the batteries again, re-paired the Roku streaming Stick 4K and the Roku remote control, and reset the Roku Streaming Stick 4K. Nothing solved the problem. In fact, now the initial setup says it cannot find my TV brand, even though it correctly identified it in the first step. In the second step, it tries to mute the volume, but that does not work - I still hear music throughout all of the confirmation steps.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @conner172

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Could you try re-pairing your remote to your Roku device and see if that will resolve the issue you're experiencing? We recommend doing basic troubleshooting steps on that Roku remote and checking if these steps would resolve this issue: How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working 

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
conner172
Reel Rookie

Thank you. I have performed all of the steps you referenced multiple times. The streaming stick 4K and the Roku remote will not pair, or at least, if they do, It makes no difference - the remote still refuses to work when I press any of the buttons on it.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@conner172

Thanks for the reply.

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. This can be found on the back of the stick itself. We'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos